OE convertible side skirts - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
OE convertible side skirts
Monday, March 06, 2006 12:23 PM
Yesterday I saw a Cavalier convertible (95-99 body style) that wasn't a Z24, but it wasn't an RS either. It had the standard front and rear bumpers like the RS does, and some simple side skirts. I've never seen these on any other Cavaliers and I was wondering if they were OEM and if so what the part numbers are. I liked the way they looked on this other car and was thinking about getting a set for my RS. They wren't anything real fancy, but the way they were designed they looked like they might be stock.

Be kind to dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Re: OE convertible side skirts
Monday, March 06, 2006 12:34 PM
I do not know the part #'s but I do know that they are basically the same (if not the same) as the 95-99 Sunfire sides (non-GT).

-Brandon

Monday, March 06, 2006 12:41 PM
I called the Chevy dealer three different times and the people I talked to were either def or stupid because they kept giving me the part number for the Z24 side skirts. Even though I kept telling them they for the non-Z24 models.

Monday, March 06, 2006 1:03 PM
Okay, I just did a search on Ask.com for OE Cavalier convertible side skirts, no luck. I tried rocker panels instead and no luck.

Monday, March 06, 2006 1:47 PM
they're the same ones on the 03-05 ls sports.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Monday, March 06, 2006 3:02 PM
Okay. That helps. If I can't get the part numbers for those there's something wrong.

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:54 PM
You mean like these?

Monday, March 06, 2006 5:03 PM
Yeah. Yours was one I found when I went to the member search to try and find some pics. I wasn't sure if they were stock but I found a few on the 'Org with them.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:23 PM
they're sunfire sides on the cavys, and on the newer 97+ 'fire 'verts they're the newer 00+ sunfire skirts.

no GT cladding on the 'verts due to the holes they drill would cause the car to loose some structural rigidity

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search