Deer attacked my front end - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Deer attacked my front end
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:48 PM
OK so a deer didnt attack my but I hit one tonight my hood is screwed badly, passanger fender scratched good and got a really good gouge from the antler in my passanger door, that is about 4 inches long by at least 1/4" and deep. Both headlight assemblies are screwed, and I dont know if this matters but is a 01 Z I am wondering what kind of estimate should I be expecting??

Its all about the pain...The Jewelry and Ink are just souvinirs

Re: Deer attacked my front end
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:49 PM
take it to a shop, every shop is different. honestly just buy aftermarket parts it will actually be cheaper

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:58 PM
I deal with a lot of estimates in my line of work....I guess at between 1800-2000 dollars or so. But a lottttt of $$$$$$ for sure.

If there is radiator damage or damage to the A/C condenser, you may be looking at a total situation with your insurance company....that is if your estimate goes over 60-65% of the vehicle ACV(actual Cash Value)

Good Luck...................P>S> Get more that one estimate....Please!

<---<<<Check Out The Ride!
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:02 PM
I am hoping for a lot!!!! I planned on getting a new hood anyhow and the damaged door was scratced to hell from pheasant (attack) a couple of years ago so I am kind of excited at the prospects of getting some new stuff out of this!!!!!!

Its all about the pain...The Jewelry and Ink are just souvinirs
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:16 PM
it shouldn't have teased it . j/k. if the estamsite is too high they may scrap the car. it is a cavalier. you hit a pole at 5 mph off the lot it's totaled.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:07 PM
wat the hell?? in manitoba, animal damage is no deductable lol it gets fixed free...if i ever break somethin im gunna go huntin mooses with my car

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:37 PM
Chris H wrote:wat the hell?? in manitoba, animal damage is no deductable lol it gets fixed free...if i ever break somethin im gunna go huntin mooses with my car

might wanna stick to hunting something a j can handle, like muskrats or seamonkees

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:52 PM
hey now, mine has lasted through a deer and a tire having the tread seperate on the front and destroy the front passenger side, the only thing undamaged on my front end body wise, is the drivers side headlight

04 Cav 2.2 Ecotec
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search