what do you think of these mirrors? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what do you think of these mirrors?
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:56 AM

hey guys i juss picked up these mirrors.. i unno if they are good quality or what... umm i got them for like 20$ us .... i don't realli know apparently a couple of buddy's of myne ordered the same one's and they don't mind em much so do you think they are worth it or wat?

Re: what do you think of these mirrors?
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 12:24 PM
i know a lot of people dont like them because the led turn signals are hard to hook up and the mirrors are very small.

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 12:25 PM
1) LED mirrors are not hard to hook up

2) you get used to the mirrors...i have em no problem..i'll be goin a bit smaller shortly w/BOMEX mirrors...

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 1:23 PM
i jsut bought a pair but without the l.e.ds. should come in soon. my frined has those and he said it was real easy to do .
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 1:28 PM
alrite... sounds good... hmm well i wouldn't even know where to start with the hook up for the led's anyone have any ideas?
that's b great... also anyone know if these mirrors are gonna be good quality or wat?

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 3:44 PM
Cant stand them.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:25 PM
i have them, and i kinda like them..... have the same exact set
for 20 buck it was better than paying 75, for 1 factory.
the led's are easy to hook up...
mirror is slightly small, but i'm used to it now......
the motor took a little playing with different cobinations of wire, (twice)
and finally, the amber color is not as bright as i had hoped, and the blue ones, only one led still works.....

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:47 PM
in mine the red looks pink

the blue looks teal

so i went with the amber and it looks great..the best part imo is when you are behind be you can see the amber commin from behind the mirror...

so imma paint mine to color match the car and leave it at that

as far as where to hook them up

some peope run them inside the car into the steering column

I ran mine thru the fender and tappd into my turn signal

just remember to change ur blinker fluid

Thursday, November 24, 2005 6:58 AM
Summitcavi - ordered them a while back installed them - they looked like crap!...The desing looks pretty sweet but once they were installed they angled WAY UPWARDS...It just didn't look right on his car

www.teamexoticimage.com / myspace.com/02on19s

Thursday, November 24, 2005 7:52 AM
02on19s wrote:Summitcavi - ordered them a while back installed them - they looked like crap!...The desing looks pretty sweet but once they were installed they angled WAY UPWARDS...It just didn't look right on his car

common problem with the universal ones. if you can find the ones made specifically for the cavi then they are fine. some of the universal ones don't point up either. it all has to do with the universal bracket they give you.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, November 24, 2005 1:13 PM
well that's for the feedback guys mine are for a cavalier so they SHOULD fit right lol.. and i'm used 2 small mirrors.. i picked em up for 20$ and i figure u can't go wrong with a price like that and they can always be adjusted if they don't sit right... my logic is "anything is fixable"

Thursday, November 24, 2005 1:56 PM
^just because they say they are for a cavalier doesn't mean they're not universal. with the universal ones the mirrors are all the same and the bracket is different for every car. and with the j-body ones they make the mirrors angle upwards. the model specific ones are one piece (mirrors and brackets are together). by the looks of the pic and the fact it's off ebay i'd say you'll get the universal ones.

What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, November 24, 2005 2:22 PM
hmm well good point lol.. well would the bracket's be able to be adjusted .. cuz aren't they metal or are they some sort of cheap plastic lol...

Thursday, November 24, 2005 2:41 PM
probably cheap plastic

Check out my build thread!

Friday, November 25, 2005 3:12 PM
I have apc mirrors that look like that from e-bay, i payed like $40 all togther for shipping and in canadian dollers, awesome price, mine dont have the leds.
They do point up a bit, but i like the look, anything that ant factory is good in my books.
I color matched mine to my car, cant beat the price, and the glass is euro, so you get that blue tint; and when you look in the mirrors it looks like every car behind you has nice bulbs.

98 j-body sedan

Friday, November 25, 2005 3:41 PM
Z2FLIP4 wrote:Cant stand them.

im with you, i had them on for a week lol, stock is way better lookin or even toyota ones

Friday, November 25, 2005 5:20 PM
Jon Stamos wrote:hmm well good point lol.. well would the bracket's be able to be adjusted .. cuz aren't they metal or are they some sort of cheap plastic lol...

cheap plastic. same as what the stock ones are.

SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, November 25, 2005 5:33 PM
i just bought them, cant stand them they angle up when they are installed, dont look right at all, ill sell u mine for $20 5 for shipping
Friday, November 25, 2005 5:37 PM
IMO they are nice looking mirrors, it changes the look and there are a couple million that have oem mirrors, you need to change it up, good luck with your mirrors, hopefully you will be pleased wit them.

98 j-body sedan

Friday, November 25, 2005 9:56 PM
well i bought a set that were close to those...i think mine are apc carbon fiber m3......not sure on the brand...but...wiring wise its still a biotch...i have a 97 fire... if u run ur wires to the turn signal/running light.......the light won't keep power when the blinker starts working....the blinker actually blinks the running lights and the side marker blinker light......to get them to work entirely properly (saying the properly is that they are always on with at least the running lights on and that the led's light up one at a time from the inside to out when the blinker is on) u need to hook up the running light wire to ur dash lights...so when ur dash gets power ur mirrors get power.....a relay may be needed in that situation.....and ur blinker wire should come directly from the steering column so u get a constant power to the mirrors while the blinker is on...if not ur LEDS will try to run from inside to out and also flash which will cause the LED running timing to be off...if u have any questions or want help trouble shooting when u hook em up contact....juice11@gmail.com or iisdajuice on aim....i wil respond asap if i can....good luck
Monday, November 28, 2005 7:14 AM
well thanks guys for all ur input... i'm gettin them in today or tomorow i'll install and let u all know if i like em.. for me personally i'm eazily pleased so i don't see why i won't like these mirrors and if the bracket is makde from the same cheap plastic can't i just use the one from the stock mirrors (just an idea) well lol let me know

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:59 PM
i got some for free(buddy totaled out his car). they are the c/f ones. my question is: can the plastic be sanded and painted? i hate the fake ass c/f look

AIM & Y!: COGcaviZ24
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:34 PM
hmmm do u have a pic of these mirrors u so speak of? i've honestly never seen a pic of the m3 styled mirrors with the c/f look... yes i know i've been deprived lol!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:47 PM
^ just think of regular ones with the cheesy looking fake c/f like that on c/f taillights.

SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:54 PM
ahh i c.. gotcha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search