Shipping Urethane Front... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shipping Urethane Front...
Monday, November 14, 2005 1:04 PM
Hey guys,

I am purchasing a Urethane drift front from a fellow org memeber and we were going to arrange a meetup but we are both extremely busy so we decided to ship

As I said its a urethane drift front in original boxing going from 15239 PA to 46012 IN

my best guess on size are 24 in wide x 30 in tall x 72 in long for the box and I put that along with 20 lbs total.. ( anyone know if its more or less let me know.. could be way off either way ) and I used Freightcenter.com and they gave me a nice quote of 124.39 or something

So has anyone ever used freightcenter ( saw it in another post.. dont know if they used it ) and how does that work and are they reputable

If not.. what other places may ship this size package.. not heavy but big.. so idk if UPS would do it or what

I REALLY REALLY appriciate any input because id love to get this thing here but dont want to pay 200+ for one bumper thats already boxed

also do these places normally pick up from his house and drop off here.. or does he have to drop it off and Id have to go pick it up ?

Thanks in advance guys..

Re: Shipping Urethane Front...
Monday, November 14, 2005 1:15 PM
not sure about that company, but look into Fedex. you can signup for a fedex acct for free, and they discount a lil bit. i just shipped a set of racing seats the other day. dimensions were 48x22x20 at 68lbs, and it was only $71. thats pretty damn good, seeing UPS wanted $129 for the same thing, and freight wanted $220, so id at least try fedex. just my opinion

Fred Ohlson "The people that devised this cruel attempt
at acceptance and fame burn in there honda civics"
Monday, November 14, 2005 1:34 PM
I'm at work right now at a UPS Store where we can run estimates on packages. Your dimensions you put up are too big to ship UPS.
Monday, November 14, 2005 2:11 PM
use DHL www.DHL.com or greyhound package express http://www.shipgreyhound.com/

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Monday, November 14, 2005 2:30 PM
I've heard greyhound can be decent... never used them though.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Monday, November 14, 2005 2:40 PM
Greyhound quoted me 57 bucks..

Monday, November 14, 2005 3:26 PM
im gonna have to give them a call.. because I need it picked up on his end.. and I dont know if they will do that.. but it doesnt fit in his car and so he would have to have it picked up and the box is 6' 10" ( 82 in ) and they say max dimention is 6' 8" ( 80 in )... so ill have to call and see what it is to have something picked up and dropped off at residential which idk if Greyhound does.. guess I gotta call

Thanks alot guys.. if anything im getting a step in the right direction..

anyone use Freightcenter.com ??

Monday, November 14, 2005 3:29 PM
baxglobal

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:29 PM
go with DHL. Cheapest place. UPS wanted to charge me 4 times what DHL charged me when I sent some side skirts.

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:17 PM
to ship trunk

DHL $44
Greyhound $38
baxglobal $87 ??!?
UPS $0 - won't ship, too big (according to the UPS website)

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Monday, November 14, 2005 10:40 PM
DHL quoted me 544 bucks..
Greyhound like 80 * but box is 2 in too big.. surely they will take it..
baxglobal 211
UPS wouldnt ship... I pray Greyhound will bring it too me

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:29 AM
ya, i just tried to quote it thru my fedex acct, and it said it was too big

Greyhound sounds like the deal. but i doubt that greyhound will deliver it to your house, prolly to the local bus station. just go pick it up from there, pull it out of the box, and take it home minus the box. or take your bumper off, and hook it up in the greyhound parking lot

has anyone had any personal experience with greyhound shipping?

Fred Ohlson "The people that devised this cruel attempt
at acceptance and fame burn in there honda civics"
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:20 AM
see.. I can pick it up. . but he cant drop it off to Greyhound because its like an hour away and wont fit on his car.. so If they cant pick it up Idk .. but they will pick up for 2 bucks a mile.. so we will see lol

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:37 AM
Grey hound doesn't do any door service, pick up or delivery as far as I know. also, if it's 2 inches too big, the max size is the length of the storage bins under the bus... make th box 2" shorter, cut a section out and tape it back together good, a urethane bumper has a lot of flex and give and it will be just fine. Unless it's prepainted I guess?

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:41 AM
Grimor wrote:Grey hound doesn't do any door service, pick up or delivery as far as I know. also, if it's 2 inches too big, the max size is the length of the storage bins under the bus... make th box 2" shorter, cut a section out and tape it back together good, a urethane bumper has a lot of flex and give and it will be just fine. Unless it's prepainted I guess?

i didn't even think of cutting the box to make it smaller. i think you've found the solution to our problem. we owe you one

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search