Best Tail light Headlight Conversion? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best Tail light Headlight Conversion?
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:08 AM
Hey guys whats up, what headlight and tail light conversion should i do? what do you guys think looks best. I want something thats affordable so dont say viper or 350z lol, something affordable. I was thinking celica tail lights??? i dunno post some pics. and give me some ideas and opinions! THANKS BIG!

Re: Best Tail light Headlight Conversion?
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:32 AM
dont do something someone has already done. i think some mazda 6 headlights would look hot on a cav, as for the rear ive always wanted to take the little circle brakes lights out of the trunk on a gs400 and use those

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:42 AM
hmm.. there is many many many ways you can go here you can go civic front end, integra front end, you can do a supra front end and there's a couple of routes you can go wih that i personally can't figure out what to do with mine either...

here's the link to the other forum post with pictures..

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=292521&t=292521

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=292641&t=292641

anymore questions ?

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:22 AM
im a fan of the originals myself
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:28 AM
WOW, to tell you the truth you are going to spend $$$$ anyways you might as well go all out. I would go with the classic sylvia head lights. Look so tight and so clean! Dont do the integra cause you could just sell your cavy and get a teg. The supra looks out of place and as far as the civic it just doesnt line up like stated above . OH read my sig!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:30 AM
Oops as far as the tail lights. How about shaving the inners and getting some Lexus IS inner reverse lights and molding those bad boys as your reverse lights. I have always wanted to do that but I have no $$$$$$$$$

Good luck and post pics of the progress.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:34 PM
i think and rsx head and tail light conversion would look tits

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 4:25 PM
i am 1 of 4 i think on here who have silvia headlights and i also have celica tails, someone else is in the process of doing this conversion as well....i think sweetnlow has mazda 6 headlights on his with a lexus tail conversion...try to come up with something different if possible, or mix it up and copy 2 different cars conversions, it's your car

http://members.cardomain.com/freakycavy
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 4:33 PM
something like the cobalt tails or vetts would be sweet i think, as for the front i think im goin to go out on a limb and say the newer accord head lights, they are really sleek lookin
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 4:36 PM
what i did when i checked for my new tail lights was this: Go on ebay type in Tail lights, and you will have A HUGEE amount of pages...go through the pages and take notes on the ones you like.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 4:51 PM
RSX and Scion tC already done..........dont be ganking my @!#$t, LOL

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 5:26 PM
wrx's have nice heads and tails
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:38 PM
well at least i was right the rsx heads look tits

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:47 PM
Quote:

Thats from over a year ago. They cut 9" off the support beams and capped them off. The front of my car is about 12" shorter than most Cavaliers. They ended up cutting the RSX bumper in 4 pieces and just glassed it back together today. So the bottom back corner of the headlights are now halfway inbetween where that flat part on the bottom of the fender is and the fender well.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:13 PM
Z2FLIP4 wrote:
Quote:

Thats from over a year ago. They cut 9" off the support beams and capped them off. The front of my car is about 12" shorter than most Cavaliers. They ended up cutting the RSX bumper in 4 pieces and just glassed it back together today. So the bottom back corner of the headlights are now halfway inbetween where that flat part on the bottom of the fender is and the fender well.

well when you get it done i think it will be worth it. i think i need to change my panties

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:55 PM
damn flip, coming along nicely

Moms & Dads talk to your kids,before its too late,tell them to say no to aluminum wings.
Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:20 AM
this is like the only car ive been waiting to see done for almost 3 yrs now. it better be done this winter

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:36 AM
The RSX head lites look pimptastic...is that even a word?

Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:40 AM
flip what tail lights are those i cant tell?
Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:06 PM
Scion tC LEDs

Thursday, October 06, 2005 5:07 PM
woops sorry flip i didnt see your pics. and your previous post, car looks friggin awesome I LOVE THE TAILS!!!! i want to do lexus tails but not sure how much work it would be like if i have to do a widebody or cut the trunk in??? i dunno??? is your trunk wider???

Thursday, October 06, 2005 6:13 PM
Be creative like you did to your old lime green cav.... this new cav is your car too and its all up to you!

Take your time searching for the right ones that you like the best! DO the widebody for sure!!!!

Be Different!

- Darren

ontariocavs.com -||- phewes.snowpants.org -||- zukiworld.com
Monday, October 10, 2005 3:58 PM
can headlight conversions be done with a urethane kit or only fiberglass?
Monday, October 10, 2005 4:51 PM
03 Camaro headlights and tailghts. The tails will look like stretched cavaliers and the headlights look like silvia's on steroids. Thats what I'm thinking about in the distant future

Warning: Several things: your signature is too wide (500x200 limit), the smileys jerking off is
inappropriate and the file size of your signature exceeds the 80k limit. Please change it
before you post again.
Expires: Saturday, October 8, 2005 9:31 PM PT
Monday, October 10, 2005 5:52 PM
I'm going with Mazda 3 Headlights and Lexus GS 300 Tails. I know the tails have been done before, but I like them..

APlusperformance.com January 2005 Ride Of The Month
Sponsored by APlusPerformance.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search