Will this HID kit harm my projectors? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Will this HID kit harm my projectors?
Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:53 PM
well some people told me since i have ebay projectors that an HID kit would hurt them.. anyway check this out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-Conversion-Kit-8000K-9005-9006-9007-h1-h3-h4-h7-h11_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ8001792950QQrdZ1

think that would work?

Re: Will this HID kit harm my projectors?
Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:44 PM
well i think i found a better kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-10000K-9005-HID-Xenon-Conversion-Kit-Philips-Hella_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQitemZ8003369061QQrdZ1

but before i buy i want to know that it wont hurt my projectors.. or melt them ect

Friday, September 30, 2005 12:02 AM
I have the same projectors as you... at least they look the same. Other than the ballasts, those two kits look the same as mine, and haven't harmed my projectors one bit.

I bought a Hella kit... from www.misterjung.com, but they're out of business now

If you can find a place on ebay that sells kits with Hella ballasts... they're about the best quality you can get.

Friday, September 30, 2005 1:21 AM
thats kool then dude. ill have to get a set now someone told me they would melt the projectors or somebull @!#$

Friday, September 30, 2005 1:26 AM
Well, I can tell you from MY experience that MY HID set didn't melt MY projectors.

I find that lots of people on here say lots of things, without experience. Take that for what you will.

Friday, September 30, 2005 7:33 AM
It shouldn't melt your projectors. I know a few people that have HID in their projectors (APC, Matrix etc) and had no problems.

As for the ballasts, you would want to get either Philips or Hella (both made in Germany) which comes as OEM on most cars with HIDs (Benz, BMW, Lexus, Audi etc)

Check out www.xenondepot.com. That's where I got my D2S HID kit. They also have a store in ebay and auctions on kits, ballasts etc.
Friday, September 30, 2005 8:34 AM
I have HID's and APC projectors and no problems (no melting).

There are alos these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-99-CHEVY-CAVALIER-BLACK-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT-96-97-98_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ8003134614QQrdZ1

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Friday, September 30, 2005 9:05 AM
i seen those and was gonna get them.. but they looked kinda weird to me.. if i buy any kit it would probbaly be this one..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-10000K-9005-HID-Xenon-Conversion-Kit-Philips-Hella_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQitemZ8003369061QQrdZ1

how hard are these to hook up?? thanx! ill probbaly buy them this week

Friday, September 30, 2005 9:42 AM
I have the ebay projectors with 9005 for the regular lights and I drilled them out to fit the 9006 in there. Do you know what is better? I can still fit the 9005 in there but was wondering if i should use 9005 or 9006 in there. I thought 9006 would be best but not shure whsat you all think of this. Let me know because I would like to get a REAL HID kit and dotn know if i should put 9005 or 9006 which is best in these projectors. Thanks!

Friday, September 30, 2005 9:42 AM
does anyone have that HID color temp. chart i cant seem to find it anymore

Friday, September 30, 2005 10:21 AM
From what i have seen the hight K is just more for looks for better light output you need to get 7000K or less.

nitrouscav97: I answered those questions for you on Cardomain already. You can get a 9006 Kit with 9005 Bulbs for the HID kit.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Friday, September 30, 2005 10:33 AM
9005 and 9006 are bulb bases... if you drilled the projectors out for the larger base (9006), then get HID bulbs with a 9006 base on them. Easy.

There isn't a difference between a 9005 HID bulb and 9006 HID bulb. There IS a difference between a 9005 halogen bulb and a 9006 halogen bulb. One is high beam, the other is low beam. But with HID's it doesn't make a lick of difference.

For the record, I did the same thing... except I did it because I ordered a 9006 HID kit by mistake (should have ordered 9005)... so I had to drill my projectors out to fit them.

Friday, September 30, 2005 10:39 AM
I run a misterjunk HID kit as well in my matrix projectors. Never had one problem. I dremeled out the housing to fit a 9006 bulb. It's easy, you just need to plug up the hole so you don't get shavings in the projector. Enjoy.

Friday, September 30, 2005 11:05 AM
why did u drill it out instead of just buying a 9005 kit?

Friday, September 30, 2005 11:12 AM
Well... I originally ordered a 9006 by mistake... then I emailed the dude at mister junK to change it to 9005, and he said he would... but he didn't and still sent me a 9006.

Then he went out of business. if he hadn't closed up shop already, I'd bad-mouth him some more.

Friday, September 30, 2005 11:17 AM
Brandon Schmidt wrote:does anyone have that HID color temp. chart i cant seem to find it anymore

ive got this. i hope it helps. good luck to you all.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, September 30, 2005 11:18 AM
since when is there a green ive always heard 8-1000 is blue and 12k is purple..

Friday, September 30, 2005 11:23 AM
6000k is going to be your best bet, you can get 5000K or 6000K that would be better light out put t

all the time

Friday, September 30, 2005 11:25 AM
but i want it blue i doubt any of thatw ill be blue

Friday, September 30, 2005 11:33 AM
IZN TRBL wrote:

IZN TRBL:

Is that colour chart for HID bulbs? If so, that chart may be a little off.

I have a 4300K D2S HID kit and the light output looks nothing like one on the picture you have. Mine is pure white a very slight (and i mean very) slight hint of yellow.

6000K is not super white, it is has more of a bluish output.

Brandon Schmidt wrote:does anyone have that HID color temp. chart i cant seem to find it anymore

The higher K (Kelvin) you go the more colour you get but with less light output. IMO, anything above 6000K is just a waste.
Friday, September 30, 2005 11:38 AM
ill probably end up going with 8000k dont suppose has heard of the brand "piolet"

Friday, September 30, 2005 11:59 AM
FlipSpeed wrote:
IZN TRBL wrote:

IZN TRBL:

Is that colour chart for HID bulbs? If so, that chart may be a little off.

I have a 4300K D2S HID kit and the light output looks nothing like one on the picture you have. Mine is pure white a very slight (and i mean very) slight hint of yellow.

6000K is not super white, it is has more of a bluish output.

The higher K (Kelvin) you go the more colour you get but with less light output. IMO, anything above 6000K is just a waste.

i got this picture off of an ebay auction. i do not know how close, accurate, or believable it is. i just wanted to provide help for what brandon was asking for. i do not own nor do i expect to own HID's any time soon. sorry if its not any help to anyone. once again, good luck to all.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, September 30, 2005 12:50 PM
I have 5000k and it has a slight blue to it but it is more white. They are right higher K the light out put is less. If you are really trying to get the best out of Projectors i would go 6000K and you will still get that slight blue you want.

all the time

Friday, September 30, 2005 3:34 PM
IZN TRBL wrote:

lol legally use in all 50 states. Thats a complete lie. If you want blue then go with the 8000K. I presonally wouldn't go past 6000K since the light output sucks the higher K you go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04 Cavy LS Sport

^^^^ My Custom Projectors ^^^^
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search