RKSport CF Tail Filler - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RKSport CF Tail Filler
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:12 PM
RKSport catalogue says that their CF tail lamp filler will fit 03-04 Cavs. How? Do you have to replace the tail lights with 02 versions? Or am I missing something?
Thanks for all replies,
Lee

Re: RKSport CF Tail Filler
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:02 PM
It lays right on top of the stock rear bezel, and you just take the tails on your trunk off and screw them back down after putting the CF bezel on.

Steve
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:54 PM
I am not understanding you question, You have an 04, why are you worried about an 02? All 95+ cav's can use it, they just don't have the reflector to lose like the 03-05 cav's. You can use any pre 02 tail lights with it.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:01 PM
When you have the CF Filler Piece, you need to use 95-02 stock or aftermarket tail-lights. The whole point of the Filler Piece is to get rid of the 03+ Tail Lights. If that doesn't answer your question then I don't know what will, lol.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:46 PM
Alex wrote:When you have the CF Filler Piece, you need to use 95-02 stock or aftermarket tail-lights. The whole point of the Filler Piece is to get rid of the 03+ Tail Lights. If that doesn't answer your question then I don't know what will, lol.

Thanks. I didn't realize my question was that confusing. I do want to eliminate the 04 tail panel and lights. I just wanted to make sure of what was involved and exactly how the CF filler panel could be installed on my car as well as a 95-02. I assumed the lights would need to be replaced, but I wasn't sure since the RKSport catalogue is a little vague, to me at least.
Thanks again,
Lee

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:13 PM
Not a problem. Always here to help.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:33 PM
how does the carbon fiber bezel stay on the trunk. does it screw on or is i held on with double sided tape or what. i have a 98 so there isnt anything to replace
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:37 PM
its got some super strong double stick tape in the back. i mean super strong!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:16 PM
Yep 3m tape, you can still use it even if you aren't covering up anything but paint.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 4:49 PM
I was just wondering does anybody have pics with this on 95-99 Cav ?

Owen
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:42 PM
Bamacav98 wrote:I was just wondering does anybody have pics with this on 95-99 Cav ?

umm it looks the same whether its ... 95 cavi all the way to a 05 cavi ... doesnt make a diff ... at all

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search