I need help w/ Kato Combat rear bumper - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need help w/ Kato Combat rear bumper
Monday, June 06, 2005 9:35 AM
Alright, well this weekend I got my Kato Combat Bodykit for my 2000 4-door cavalier. I got the front on today. Took a couple of hours, I took off the rear bumper, took off all that black rubber stuff and it isnt linning up at all. I dont like to take my car to body shops, I am a do it my self kind of guy. What do I need to do to get it to fit. What tool do I need to cut the fiberglass. Anything to help me guys! Thank You!

Re: I need help w/ Kato Combat rear bumper
Monday, June 06, 2005 9:52 AM
what about the bumper isnt lining up right? and taking the crush panel completly off was probably a mistake. mine is holding my rear bumper from sagging.

Monday, June 06, 2005 11:48 AM
yeah but your rear bumper is probley made to fit over top of it. Mine wasnt! Believe me I tryed and tryed and tryed, then said screw it and took it off. Both the front and the rear. I tryed just trimming the front first the bumper still wasnt fitting so I took it off.

About the bumper linning up, every kit I have seen with this rear bumper has it on perfectly. Mine looks like you have to take out those inserts that are below the taillights, well I tryed and it sat about 4 inches into the middle of my trunk, I know thats not right. So I tryed some more stuff, nothing I think I just have to trim off the top, plus the strangest thing the rear bumper has a cut out on it for an exhust, but its on the wrong side??? WTF is up with that?
Monday, June 06, 2005 11:53 AM
Pics please?

Monday, June 06, 2005 12:59 PM
Pictures will help alot. Also are you sure you got the right rear bumper?
Monday, June 06, 2005 1:57 PM
Yeah I ment to get my digi from my moms when I went there today to pick up some papers but I forgot to grab it. I will try to get it and get some pics tommorow.
I do have the right bumper, at first I didnt think so and I was starting to get mad because I called Andys Auto Sport to check the S/N and one guy put me on hold then it hung up on me. The other guy kept asking me if I wanted to buy one or needed pricing, and I kept saying, No, Sir, I just need to check the number and see if its the right one. Finnally I hung up on him, then got through to somebody who directed me in the right path! It is the correct bumper!
Monday, June 06, 2005 4:18 PM
I purchased a combat rear. and the only thing I seen that would allot it to fit my car right was to remove the metal cross member. : / so I said to hell with that and put my bc 2 back on.

Monday, June 06, 2005 9:31 PM
Crummy wrote:yeah but your rear bumper is probley made to fit over top of it. Mine wasnt! Believe me I tryed and tryed and tryed, then said screw it and took it off. Both the front and the rear. I tryed just trimming the front first the bumper still wasnt fitting so I took it off.

About the bumper linning up, every kit I have seen with this rear bumper has it on perfectly. Mine looks like you have to take out those inserts that are below the taillights, well I tryed and it sat about 4 inches into the middle of my trunk, I know thats not right. So I tryed some more stuff, nothing I think I just have to trim off the top, plus the strangest thing the rear bumper has a cut out on it for an exhust, but its on the wrong side??? WTF is up with that?

actually mine didnt fit over the crush panel, but i cut about half the crush panel off so that it would. had i taken it completly off that half of the crush panel that i left wouldnt have supported it up. maybe you just need to cut yours.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search