Eco Swap -- Need BCM as well? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eco Swap -- Need BCM as well?
Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:45 AM
Hey All, I plan on doing an ECO swap in the future. Im working on getting the motor.

Problem is, do you need the BCM as well as the PCM?
Sorry, this is the only question I dont really know, and I dont want to find this out at the last second lol.

thanks!

Re: Eco Swap -- Need BCM as well?
Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:50 AM
for your 2002? no, you shouldn't.

PCM and PCM harness should be all the electronics you need, unless the motor/trans you buy is missing sensors. then you'll need those too.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:19 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I knew I was going to have to do the re-learn, I was just curious about the BCM, I guess the relearn is why you dont need it.

either way.

thanks!
Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:20 AM
no worries. good luck.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:46 AM
Hehe, luck I dont have. But Ive got JBO , and My Mechanic is willing to let me work on the car in his shop with him. I told him I would like him to do the work, but I wanna help, as itll be a learning experience. It will also bring a little down on the labor. -- AND I dont have nearly enough tools or space to do something like this on my own.

Im sure Ill be back looking for more parts and help very soon. I guess the deal gets bumped up. Im starting as soon as i get the parts, and somehow those were EASY to find.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search