new 1/4 mile record for w-bodies - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new 1/4 mile record for w-bodies
Saturday, October 01, 2005 1:36 AM
hey guys, just found out tonight and i had to tell someone. the guys at ZZP, which is a w-body aftermarket vender, have created a monster. it's a '97 GTP with dual power adders, the original M90 supercharger, completly ported and polished, with a turbo in the mix as well. their goal is to hit 9's with the setup, but for now they've made a new world record for FWD w-bodies with a pass of 10.036@143.49mph! i dont know about you, but that's just badass in my book.

ZZP WORLD RECORD PASS

there's the link to their page about it. at the bottom are videos of the passes. just wanted to share a bit of my w-body pride with the j-body comunity.

Andy

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E

Re: new 1/4 mile record for w-bodies
Saturday, October 01, 2005 1:46 AM
coolies

-Borsty
Saturday, October 01, 2005 7:34 AM
maybe they should consider doing some sort of ram air vents for the motor?

maybe, giving it some colder air will let it get into the 9's...someting that small, for something so close, might work

SPONSORED BY: CAVALIER EXTREME
Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:04 AM
95CavBlue wrote:maybe they should consider doing some sort of ram air vents for the motor?

maybe, giving it some colder air will let it get into the 9's...someting that small, for something so close, might work

And why should they consider this?

Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:29 AM
didnt his car get sabataged at one of their meets?

other cars, better cars?
Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:51 AM
Sappy96 wrote:didnt his car get sabataged at one of their meets?

yeah, a couple'a drunken jackasses thought it would be funny to mess with his car. they unhooked all his vacuum lines, unplugged his sensors, put something in his gas and messed with his break proportion valve. that was gonna be the weekend of their 9 second run, but they had to scrap it because of that. not the brightest day for the GP crowd.

95CavBlue wrote:maybe they should consider doing some sort of ram air vents for the motor?

it's a transversly mounted FWD car. ram air is useless. plus, these guys are smart, they're getting the best intake they can. in a GP if you remove the drivers side headlamp it'll give you direct cold airflow into the filter (depending on what kind of intake you have). i personally think a well prepped track would let them dip down there.

Andy

Andy

ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:52 AM
^^^
thats what i thought. one of his friends posted it on the gto forums

other cars, better cars?
Saturday, October 01, 2005 9:28 PM
that's awesome.

a friend of mine has a gtp in progress. so far he's done intake, catback, computer, and 1.85 (IIRC) rockers and man does that thing move.

Monday, October 03, 2005 12:26 AM
just read that this is all being done on a stock bottom end, as well. gotta love the bulletproof 3800

Andy

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search