ECOtec flywheels - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECOtec flywheels
Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:54 AM
I have been searching for a small bit of info for sometime now on multiple forums. Allin an attempt as saving me the hassle of pulling a motor for no reason.

Here is what I have:

1992 Strom built by Isuzu.
I currently have a Quad 4 in the engine bay and running Megasquirt engine managment as a full stand alone.

I have opted to install a 3.0 V6 Cadillac/Saturn hybrid I am putting together into it.

the only things holding the project up is sourcing a flywheel, and ignition system as far as retrofitting the motor with a 3100 system, or figuring out the 60-2 trigger wheel to work with the MS.

So the summery of my question is, does ANYONE have an ECOtec flywheel or crankshaft I can get a few measurements from? Specifically, the bolt pattern and if it is an even 8 bolt pattern? What the bore on the flywheel (or the diameter of the crankshaft) is. Also, what is the bolt pattern for the clutch pressue plate? Is it the 6 bolt standard GM type? Or would I need make a new custom clutch again.

Heck even a pic next to a ruler would help out some. The Saturn forums were a waste of time, and the ECOtec forums pretty much have ignored every post I have made there. My next venture will be the Saab guys.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Someone in my class made a good point about Isuzu turbos...they're almost as big as GM alternators.

1992 Isuzu Rocket 2.3 HO
Chassis by Isuzu