would you buy it? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
would you buy it?
Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:20 AM
Im looking for a new DD so i can park my sunfire and swap motors and such. Been looking for alittle over 4 months now and i think i've found a car i'd like to drive. its a 1994 Dodge Stealth, heres a link to the car http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/799271285.html . I'm goin to look at it this week sometime. He said it just needs a new cat (doesn't matter i'm gonna put a new exhaust on it anyways) and that rear brakes will need replaced soon. Would you buy it? i know the stealths and the 3000gts do have alot of problems but i do like the styling of the car and have always wanted one.

Re: would you buy it?
Sunday, August 17, 2008 7:48 AM
No.

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**
Sunday, August 17, 2008 7:56 AM
i like how he said its rare.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Sunday, August 17, 2008 9:19 AM
I like it. I'd offer him $800 and see what he says and if he says no, go up to like $1100 or $1200.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 9:26 AM
1 HOT Z (Mark A) wrote:I like it. I'd offer him $800 and see what he says and if he says no, go up to like $1100 or $1200.

except cchange 800 to 500 and 1100 - 1200 to 700 - 850.

its a mid nineties chrysler, i guarantee it needs more than a cat and rear brakes. its only "rare" because it's not in a junk yard yet.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:10 PM
Yeah, Stealth/3000GTO are NOT worth the amount of money and work you'll put into them unless you're getting a JDM one with ALL the bells and whistles and low as hell mileage.

Really, if it was the AWD version, with TT, then I'd jump on it, but otherwise this one is a base model with a rear flat, needs brakes, and a cat.

If you're dead-set on getting this, budget for:
- replacing 100% of all fluids (Oil, transmission, coolant, brake/clutch fluid, you may want to think about the PS fluid), and a motor flush.
- replacing the tires.
- replace the Brakes AND rotors
- replace the clutch and flywheel
- have the electrical system checked out.
- replacing any other wear item
- rust proofing and/or undercoating.

It might be cheap, but the reason is because it will need a lot of work, and if you're thinking of doing something other than DD duties, you may as well look else where.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:19 PM
That is not a DD car. Most people who have them buy something for a DD. Its going to spend more time on jack stands than your J even if you're doing a motor swap. Gas mileage isn't going to be that great. If you want a DD get something else. Like GAM said if you want anything other than a DD definitely walk away.

I say pass it up. If you like the idea of a bigger car RWD try and find a 300zx. You're going to pay a little more but theres a reason why.

My biggest recommendation for anyone who wants a cheap DD car is always the same...an old Corolla. They are usually owned by people who take care of them, they last forever, no one wants to buy them to mod them like civics so you get them way cheaper.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:35 PM
I hope you never have to do any engine maintenance on it... nightmare.

I always suggest a LN2 J-body for a daily driver

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Sunday, August 17, 2008 5:10 PM
I'll second that old corolla for a nice DD.. Friend of mine bought a 1992 Corolla for $175 lol. Started it up, and sounded really good. The body is a bit rough at the botoms of the doors, but it appears to be only surface rust, so shouldn't be too much to fix it up.

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 6:51 PM
not good for a DD maybe for a cheap project car but not a DD

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search