lowered! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowered!
Friday, May 09, 2008 11:31 AM
Well not my car. I lowered my buddy's car the other day on his Scion TC. He just picked up some rims two weeks ago and just yesterday I installed his lowering springs for him. He has a lip kit that he just picked up last night too, however the front lip was cracked during shipping, so he has to wait another 2 weeks for a new one.

Sooo....we decided to snap some pics outside of our cars together. I'm still crossing my fingers for insurance at the moment. I'm waiting for a call back today. Keep your fingers crossed for me, b/c I have to have my car downtown in a couple of hours for a show this weekend. This blows!!!

Anywho....here are some pics of our cars:

All in all, his car's coming along. He wants me to teach him how to fiberglass next. I still bug him telling him my car's lower though

Re: lowered!
Friday, May 09, 2008 11:38 AM
What springs are those? The TRDs?

Asking as everyone spring I've seen for the tC's slams the hell out of them.

Looking good.

Friday, May 09, 2008 12:04 PM
looks good, why not get insurance from justin lol

Friday, May 09, 2008 12:31 PM
Vince,

sweet car you got buddy. If insurance turned you down. I can get you through my friend's dad. he owns insurance company. And he will probably get your car insured. I can ask and see what happens. Keep us posted with insurance bs. I really want to get together with you, justin, kris and darren one day!!!!!
Friday, May 09, 2008 12:35 PM
Ya man, it must have sucked for you. I got my car insured and was asked to bring in my car to a place for a check point inspection. So my insurance co. will follow up after the inspection. I honestly dont know what to expect. any advice?

The car looks hot as always, hope you make it out to Importfest show like you planned. Good luck! Also good work on lowering ur friend's car, it looks good.

Friday, May 09, 2008 12:54 PM
so are TC stock struts able to handle the drop?

Riddle me this... riddle me that...
Friday, May 09, 2008 1:16 PM
Yeah...Well I finally got in touch with someone today who will insure me . However it won't happen until next week. So looks like I'm not entering in Importfest car show this weekend any longer . What a kick in the nut sack. Oh well. I guess I can start to build my new dashboard this weekend since I already took it off of work!

As for his shocks...he didn't want to buy shocks yet, he wanted to see how the car handled first. When dropping a car, I told him it's best to upgrade the shocks too...so only time will tell for him now.

Friday, May 09, 2008 1:55 PM
Last I heard the tC was not able to come into Canada. Good to see that it can now. Looks Good.

Friday, May 09, 2008 3:11 PM
How can you have a tC in ontario?

Im just curious as to how he got around it.

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Friday, May 09, 2008 3:20 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:What springs are those? The TRDs?

Asking as everyone spring I've seen for the tC's slams the hell out of them.

Looking good.

I'm pretty sure they are the TRD's. They are rated at 1.25, but I don't think they actually give you that much. I measured before and after when I installed mine. The rear gave me 1.2, and the fronts were just under 1.0. I haven't checked the height since I installed them, however they were purchased used so I doubt they would settle much more.

big poppa wrote:
As for his shocks...he didn't want to buy shocks yet, he wanted to see how the car handled first. When dropping a car, I told him it's best to upgrade the shocks too...so only time will tell for him now.

The mild drop with the TRD's hasn't killed my stock struts and I've had them on for almost a year now. (I have a spare set of struts in case they do go). I'm sure it's not as firm as it once was, but there are no signs of failing struts yet. He'll probably be fine for a little while.

Friday, May 09, 2008 3:22 PM
I still want to know how the hell the Tc got into Canada...

**Edit: Apparently Toyota has seen it's not necessary to provide TC with information as the Scions aren't sold in Canada... And the 2009 Mitsubishi EVO IX isn't allowed in yet either.
RIV.ca wrote:
Scion models: Toyota Canada Inc. informed Transport Canada that their company does not have any information on whether Scion models could be modified to meet the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS) as these vehicles are not sold in Canada. For further information, please contact the manufacturer.

2003 TO 2009 Lancer Evolution. The vehicle does not comply to CMVSS 215 (bumpers) and the manufacturer informed Transport Canada that the Canadian modifications parts are not available. 2009 Eclipse. The vehicle does not comply to CMVSS 215 (bumpers) and the manufacturer informed Transport Canada that the Canadian modifications parts are not available. 2009 Eclipse Spyder. The vehicle does not comply to CMVSS 215 (bumpers) and the manufacturer informed Transport Canada that the Canadian modifications parts are not available

I wonder if Toyota is doing conversions in the States on demos and shipping them up here... Hrmmm

Friday, May 09, 2008 10:55 PM
I'll try to find out by tomorrow how he did it.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 8:49 AM
spiffy im kinda curious on how he got it too tho

HOLY HELL ITS BACK!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search