Cavy - Replacement What you think - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavy - Replacement What you think
Monday, October 15, 2007 3:44 PM
Got an awesome deal with weekend.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Options:
3.5 V6 with Auto (with Manual override)
Sunroof
Power everything
18 inch Rims
Monsoon Sounds package
Only had 17,500 miles on it
It is GM Certified so I get the full factory warranty with it.

I stole the pictures from the dealer's site. I will get better pictures this week.

I am really excited, I think it was a nice upgrade from my cav. Sad thing is, I have owned it for two day and I have already started looking for upgrades. lol

Re: Cavy - Replacement What you think
Monday, October 15, 2007 3:49 PM
they are nice cars and all but they are too bland for me, looks wise
i do prefer the sedan over the coupe tho

Monday, October 15, 2007 5:10 PM
fantastic vehicles, enjoy it !

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:45 PM
I just had a G6 rental for a few days. I love the car. Very rigid, and quiet, except the 4cyl revs alot and is noisy under acceleration. Also I found the seats got uncomfortable quickly. Also even with the 4cyl, doing the 90km/h speed limit for 3 hours, the best I got was 7.8L /100 km, which seemed a little low to me. I prefer the coupe, but I do agree that the car looks way too bland. It is a fantastic car though, and if I came with a manual trans I would buy one.
Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:19 PM
I think it is better than a Cavalier.

Rock on.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:40 PM
Nice buy!!! I will be doing the same in two weeks...except in black.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:59 PM
I would rather keep a J car. I used to have to work on the G6's. No thanks.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 5:38 PM
bland is fine with me. I am not really into the tuner scene but I am looking at upgrades. I did find few intake systems and a nice exhaust but I am not sure if I want a "noisy" car again. I am looking to swap in my old radio from my cavalier to run the monsoon speakers.

Quote:

Also I found the seats got uncomfortable quickly

As far as the seats....a hell of a lot more better then the J's IMO.

So far I like the car, I wanted a four door because who knows maybe I might start a family or something (or it's just easier to drive my drunk friends around )

Kinda sucks, I feel like I am back when the J's started out, there really aren't that many parts for the G6 (as compared to other cars). I really haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Quote:

I would rather keep a J car. I used to have to work on the G6's. No thanks.

I had two J's I wanted to get a mid size car. What was wrong with them, as you worked on them. any insight?

thanks guys!
Friday, October 19, 2007 2:43 AM
Brakes suck, lots of squeeks and rattles, unless they went back to hydraulic PS the PS system is a joke, still has GM 60* V6 oil leaks, and the suspension leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe you have a good one, there were a few.

Friday, October 19, 2007 9:26 AM
Good move. We've rented several G6's (when we go vacations, etc.) since they were released and every year they seem to get better.

We would have sprung for one ourselves, but the Malibu Maxx was a better deal on several levels.

It looks like the later ones have gotten hydraulic power steering back. The electric power steering is a little dead feeling.

Many people think these things are bland, that's OK with me, the bland cars don't attract attention from the Highway Patrol.

FWIW, we've got 19K miles on our Maxx, no problems and the 3.5 is a good running engine, good power and gas mileage for a car that size. Lot's o' grunt.

The REAL part of this deal that sucks: car payments.

If the 'Fire finally blows up, or I just give it to one of the kids, I might be looking for a nice G6 myself. A 4 door, in red, of course.

Good luck and enjoy the new ride.

George (geozinger)
'95 Sunfire GT-my second Pontiac from Hell!
'97 Cavy Beater-still running like a champ!
'04 Sunfire - my kid's car, but I get the bills...
'09 Pontiac G6 - Sport Package 1

Saturday, October 20, 2007 8:20 AM
Welcome to the club .... www.g6performance.com will be your new home

Jay

Saturday, October 20, 2007 12:27 PM
nice color the car looks real good in that color... my buddie at work has a G6 non-GT and loves it, im sure you'll enjoy yours aswell...

----------
i who have nothing but the comfort of my sins...
Saturday, October 20, 2007 1:33 PM
Is it me or does the rear of that G6 look to be jacked up way too high?

I definitely prefer the looks of the coupe over the sedan, but this is a fine pick up. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search