so i got a cobalt... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
so i got a cobalt...
Sunday, July 01, 2007 3:23 PM
well i got a cobalt about 3 weeks ago.... this is what it looked like when i bought it..

and heres just some small teasers on what it looks like now..

ill post completed pics once its ready... im aiming for 2 weeks from now...

Re: so i got a cobalt...
Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:08 PM
Where the @!#$ do you get all this money??

dan

Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:49 PM
lol i dont ... good credit and a steady job help thats all there is to it.. well and the fact that i have no bills to pay (except cell) helps too lol

Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:52 PM
pix no worky for me

Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:56 PM
they shold work now............

ill post again just in case..

[

Sunday, July 01, 2007 5:22 PM
They do work now....

Sunday, July 01, 2007 10:14 PM
Clean off your camera lens.

Sunday, July 01, 2007 10:24 PM
The teaser is you removed parts and added vinyl?

Sunday, July 01, 2007 11:34 PM
^ lol well thats not the idea... but yea i removed parts lol i had added the vynil a while back though....... but the idea is that im basically changing up the exterior almost completely

Sunday, July 01, 2007 11:39 PM
How much is the insurance for you? I've been looking at a Cobalt and I could afford the payments but I couldn't afford the insurance that Geico and Progressive quoted me online ($1400 every 6 months).

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Sunday, July 01, 2007 11:49 PM
well im only 20, so it is kindof up there... but i have no tickets, and a very good record/credit.. so i think that helps.. I pay 150 per month.. so thats adds up to like 900 every 6 months? but i also have my mom in the policy though, so i guess thats why its so cheap.. on my own i was quoted about 200 a month... which is 1200 every 6 months..

i was in the same boat as u, which is why i got a cobalt.... i originally wanted a used 350z or a new eclipse, and i could afford the car, but i couldnt afford the insurance... 350/month = 2100? every 6 months for a 350z.. ouch lol

Monday, July 02, 2007 6:05 AM
I realy get annoyed with people ripping on you and your taste in cars/mods.....however, to put it as nice as possible, my feelings for every single car you have posted can pretty much be summed up with "To each his own."

I hope this cobalt doesnt suffer the fate the eclipse did with a horrific looking body kit (imo).

Keep on keeping on, and if my opinion matters, take that sticker off the paint on your new car!!! lol

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Monday, July 02, 2007 6:34 AM
no offense but if you have the money to make payments on these cars, why not get a quality camera first?

Monday, July 02, 2007 6:39 AM
Looks like you have some work ahead of you

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, July 02, 2007 7:05 AM
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:no offense but if you have the money to make payments on these cars, why not get a quality camera first?

What does a camera have to do with car modding? Thats like saying, if you have all that money to buy a house, why not get a refrigerator with an ice dispenser.

I don't the camera is that bad, like GAM said, I think he just needs to clean the lens.

Click here for Blog
Monday, July 02, 2007 7:59 AM
if i remember, its a camera phone hence the quality of the pic

Monday, July 02, 2007 10:30 AM
I have a feeling this is falling on deaf ears but...
Please keep it clean and fast.

That is all.

www.drluc.ca
Monday, July 02, 2007 11:37 AM
it is a camera phone... and the lens was dirty too lol.... well in reality my priority is modding the car, not posting nice quality pics of it i know it would be nice to have a good camera, but its really not a high priority thing for me at the time...

as for the stickers... eh i dont really care its new paint, knowing me, i am probably going to end up painting it within the next year and a half anyway.

hmm im not into speed at all... so thats out of the question, i would rather have a reliable show car, than a fast car that will give me problems in the long run (broken axles/engine wear/ and whatnot) and i really don't have the cash to make the engine strong enought for things like boost/etc...

as for keeping it simple, yea i keep a part of the car simple, the engine lol. as for the exterior, simple just isnt my thing, im not going all out on this one either, but i dont like the simple/stock look.

thanks for the comments everyone

Monday, July 02, 2007 12:55 PM
iSad

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Monday, July 02, 2007 6:22 PM
Orlandomon wrote:i
hmm im not into speed at all... so thats out of the question, i would rather have a reliable show car, than a fast car that will give me problems in the long run (broken axles/engine wear/ and whatnot) and i really don't have the cash to make the engine strong enought for things like boost/etc...

as for keeping it simple, yea i keep a part of the car simple, the engine lol. as for the exterior, simple just isnt my thing, im not going all out on this one either, but i dont like the simple/stock look.

What about intake/ headder/ exhaust and cams? simple reliable, gives you some bling and good sound (no fart cannon please)

So... your motto is "slow an gaudy wins the race"

Any pics of the kit you are looking into?

www.drluc.ca
Monday, July 02, 2007 11:06 PM
well yea simple intake/exhaust......................

the kit is custom one off...

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 5:40 AM
Orlandomon wrote:
the kit is custom one off...

im getting visions of the tan kit.... PLEASE put my mind at ease and post pictures of this "one-off" kit ASAP, and make it not a monstrocity like that tan thing was

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 3:55 PM
Well it was a nice cobalt till you bought it .Now it`s going to big one big @!#$ up nightmare
Wednesday, July 04, 2007 10:02 PM
Wow...lots of haters already. I'll wait and see what you do to it before I decide whether or not it looks good. I went ahead and got the Cobalt I was looking at (LS, power nothing, 5 speed, White) and I'm going to shop around on the insurance (no progressive or geico). So good luck with it and post some updates!

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:14 AM
Shady Z wrote:Well it was a nice cobalt till you bought it .Now it`s going to big one big @!#$ up nightmare

jealousy pwns u...........

but anyway, good luck with ur new car james , ull love it, i know i love mine, and even though its only a LS.... it feels ALOT better than the cav.......

as for pics.. sorry i cant post any until its done, hopefully this week

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search