Performance chips. Do they work? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Performance chips. Do they work?
Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:48 PM
Can you guys tell me if a performance control module like the Venom 400 Performance Control Module actually work? It sounds like a fraud yet Venom is a respected part producer.

Re: Performance chips. Do they work?
Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:57 PM
no. they are junk

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:09 PM
not for our cars.

Check out my build thread!

Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:18 PM
thanks. and they charge over $200 for em.
Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:23 PM
they do have purdy little lights.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:42 PM
lol. no thanks. I'm all set with those.
Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:27 PM
for lack of a better word, NO.

Friday, February 24, 2006 2:30 AM
El Fuego ( the grounded one ) wrote:for lack of a better word, NO.

exactly. they're not German cars, that can gain gobs of power with a chip...

Friday, February 24, 2006 4:27 AM
lol i had someone try and sell me on when i was online, swearing that it would increase performance 15%

Friday, February 24, 2006 6:27 AM
Bagged Cav98 wrote:lol i had someone try and sell me on when i was online, swearing that it would increase performance 15%

It doesn't?!?!?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, February 24, 2006 7:02 AM
NJHK (King Of Newbies) wrote:
Bagged Cav98 wrote:lol i had someone try and sell me on when i was online, swearing that it would increase performance 15%

It doesn't?!?!?

i need to get me one of these chips
15% of 150....thats like 35 hp from a chip!
with my intake another 10 and my awesome muffler =10
so i'm at like 225 hp!!

disclaimer: i know these figures are wrong, i am not a moron, i can calculate simple arithmetic problems.

Friday, February 24, 2006 7:49 AM
if you get any type of yellow decal you'll get the same results. we all know yellow adds 10 more hp than any other color

Friday, February 24, 2006 9:47 AM
I got duped into buying one last year and It just makes your car run extremely rich!!!! No they donot work!

Watch out there nah!
Friday, February 24, 2006 11:18 AM
What does the Venom module actually do?

I'd be surprised if it's just a stupid IAT hack like all those ghetto eBay scams.

As mentioned, Venom has a good name so I'd imagine they wouldn't be pulling a total scam like that. Does anyone know what it actually does?

Friday, February 24, 2006 1:54 PM
that is what i was wondering.
Friday, February 24, 2006 5:49 PM
Jet Chip Performance Control Module (PCM): ok a lot of you believe in it, but it’s the same thing as the TPS TEC and Venom 400. you can also do the same thing with your foot. I wont get TOO in depth on this, but it’s a waste of 100 used, or 200+ dollars new. Karo, dynoed this beast of a faux mod and gained like 1.3 or 1.5 whopping HP. Aka, for the price, you could have done better. But like said above it’s the same as pressing harder on the gas. To read more about it in depth, I’ll refer you to the JBO main library listing for it

The above basically explains the venom chip in general..youll get like 1.5 hp from it for 200 bucks.. And i think odb1 can be chipped but odb2 cannot..but i heard someone on here can flash obd2, but i havnt found any info on it so far..
Friday, February 24, 2006 6:31 PM
The Venom 400, TPS Tec, and Jet Chip all work the same way... fool the car's sensors into thinking the throttle body is open more than it actually is. The PCM thinks it's open wide, so it dumps in more fuel.

More fuel does not equal gobs of power on these cars... since they already run pretty rich from the factory. The best thing you CAN do, is take the IAT out of the engine bay and leave it hanging in the warm air, so the PCM leans out the mix. (I got better MPG doing this!)

I've heard the Venom 400 also increases the line pressure on the auto transmission... kinda like the B&M shiftplus.... but I've never been able to confirm that.

Anyone have the Jet chip or Venom 400? I want to know how it hooks up to the car... then I can tell you what it's really doing.

BTW... if you want to put more fuel in the engine.... push the pedal all the way down! These hacks only increase power (and slightly at that) when you're at partial throttle. Pushing the pedal all the way down will duplicate the effect!

Friday, February 24, 2006 8:41 PM
I hooked up a JET module a couple months ago, it splices into wires going to the throttle body. Didn't do anything performance wise, it just had a cool looking LED screen that lit up when you hit the gas.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search