new but not so new - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new but not so new
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:14 AM
Hey guys. i have been signed up here for quite a while but i now have a cavalier so i come around here a little more often, and i thought id let you guys know my plans.
It is a 1995 Cavalier 2.2.
Black
2 door
5 Speed
Its kind of ugly, the previous owner didnt mind getting rough with it...at all. It has a dent on the passengers rear quarter. The car had slight damage on the door from an accident, but it was repaired. Hood is randomly dented and the drivers side quarter panel is wrecked from rubbing on the door. I have the hood, fenders, and front bumper off right now, i'm planning on replacing the hood and fenders. I also plan on repainting it, I dont suppose i would have to but im thinkin i can make it into a somewhat decent car. It has been in the ditch once, and the fence made the paint ugly. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but the catch is i got the car for free. I figure if i get the fenders and hood (member Bluecavalier426 was helping me out with these a long time ago, hopefully i can get in contact with him again) for 150, clutch for ~150, body work for ~50 and paint for $100, for about $450-500 i can have the car looking pretty good. Most say it wouldnt be worth it but id imagine if the car was in decent working order it would have cost me that much to buy it. Plus, I hear these get good gas mileage.
That's my list, any questions/comments let me know. Thanks guys!

Re: new but not so new
Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:04 AM
Well with all the damage, you're gonna look at WAY more than that amount of money to fix the dents and paint the whole car.

Other than that, you're on the right track. Since you're replacing the hood, bumper and fenders...why not just buy yourself a body kit and replace it that way instead of going back to stock? I think you would like that much better.

Quote:

Most say it wouldnt be worth it

As long as you know what you want to do and this is what you want, go for it. Don't let people try and talk you out of doing something because they don't like or think it's worth it.

If you have any questions along the way, just ask.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: new but not so new
Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:59 PM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:Well with all the damage, you're gonna look at WAY more than that amount of money to fix the dents and paint the whole car.

Other than that, you're on the right track. Since you're replacing the hood, bumper and fenders...why not just buy yourself a body kit and replace it that way instead of going back to stock? I think you would like that much better.

nj beat me to it. i was gonna say the same thing. a new aftermarket hood and fenders will be about the same price as the price to pull out the dents, bondo it, sand it, prime it, and repaint it...go ahead and get a body kit and hood, it wont be much more, and youll love the new look of your car. slap some nice 17s and your carll look great. good luck!

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search