Broken =[ then fixed! =] - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Broken =[ then fixed! =]
Friday, July 24, 2009 2:54 PM
I'm just going to copy and paste from another forum

What happened was my drunk neighbor hit my car while it was parked in front of my building, fled, and received 0 consequences for her actions. She didn't get into trouble because it happened on private property.

Anyway, on with the pics. Notice the sagging front lip and rock chips on the lip and hood.

Now I took my car to Pennington Collision on Rochester, just north of Maple and they did a fantastic job. They ended up spraying the entire front bumper, front lip, both fenders and the hood, on top of fixing the lip. I got my car back 4 days later. They even gave me a pretty fair quote on fixing the nasty paint on the passenger side.

See the difference in the headlights?

Just some quick shots for now. I'm going to polish up those wheels later today to clean it up some more. I'm glad these aren't as dark as the last set.

-Markus
2002 Yellow Cavalier LS Sport
Check it out! --> Flickr

Re: Broken =[ then fixed! =]
Friday, July 24, 2009 3:02 PM
Did your insurance cover it? Turned out great.
Friday, July 24, 2009 4:31 PM
Insurance took care of everything.

-Markus
Check it out! --> Flickr

Friday, July 24, 2009 5:04 PM
I would def send that pic to your insurance company and maybe they can put it on your neighbor's insurance (if they even have insurance). Other than that, looks good. I would just wet sand and polish that right headlight. It'll be good as new and match the left.

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Friday, July 24, 2009 6:09 PM
Before you go through all the fun of wet sanding the headlight, try using some PlastX. It is great on the headlights and may save you time on sanding.
Car looks good!!

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Friday, July 24, 2009 10:47 PM
No consequences??? MI laws are fuggen stupid... Here in NY that person would have been convicted of drunk driving, leaving the scene of an accident (private property or not), and pending on the officer had the whole book thrown at her. One of the rare times NYS is helpful for something...

With my new job, I'm up to knowing 5 state troopers, and 8 county sheriffs on a personal level and think they would help me out in a time like this by letting justice be served.

Glad car came back looking great!

Friday, July 24, 2009 10:50 PM
Mint!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, July 24, 2009 11:33 PM
Damn man I would have been so pissed. Those laws are gay I hate drunk drivers. Here she drives a pos car and takes your beautiful car out. Glad you got it fixed love the color lol.

Saturday, July 25, 2009 6:50 AM
Yeah I was a complete @!#$ to her that night. She kept saying "but I'm a girl, I had to pee". You had to pee so bad because you've been drinking and the "but I'm a girl" excuse never flies. Just because you're a girl, it does not give you the right to hit someone's car. She kept telling me to be nice to her too. Those photos of her car is where she fled of to, around the building. When she first went to talk to me (she came from the dumpster area, opposite of her apartment. Confusing), she tried being nonscholant about the whole thing, which only pissed me off more. After calling her a dumb twat, along with several other names, I told her that I was going to call the cops. So when she went back inside, she did too (they told me over the phone). So when the cops came, they told me that because she called, she tehnically didn't flea from the scene.

-Markus
Check it out! --> Flickr

Saturday, July 25, 2009 4:53 PM
Wow, that sucks dude, but it looks so great all buttoned up!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Saturday, July 25, 2009 5:03 PM
Lookin good mark!

Member of J-body of Michigan.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:08 AM
Dang that sucks I've heard of a similar story that happened here in colorado. I feel like just because its private property doesn't give somebody the right to blatantly break the rules and screw someone else over. I'm glad you talked S&^$ to her some people deserve to be yelled at!

But looks great the shop did a good job

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search