Tons of Pics of the Blue Cav's Engine Bay - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tons of Pics of the Blue Cav's Engine Bay
Sunday, July 02, 2006 3:39 PM
Finally started getting my braided hoses installed (the real ones, not the Pep Boys kit), got a new air filter cone, and a few other new things...

Next week I'll be adding the anodized blue billet engine caps from MRZ performance and getting my spare valve cover painted blue to match. More pics then. Oh yeah - getting a new fuel rail soon so I can either get it polished or painted as well.

A couple other noteworthy items in here are the reflective blue magnetic hood inserts and my newest carbon fiber item, the IDI cover with Chrome Ecotec logo. These MAY become available as soon as my current CF crisis is solved and hopefully Jason can take over...

Anyway, let me know what you think - my first car show ever is in 2 weeks and I'm hoping I can at least grab some kind of prize for this bay. God knows I have sunk enough time and money into it and I'm adding 500 more bucks worth of stuff next week as I said...next year I'm getting the GM supercharger and I plan to get it painted to match before install. If anybody thinks of anything I need to do to get the judges attentio, please let me know. It's just a small local show - no major competition I'm sure.

Oh yeah, I also special ordered the upper and lower (big) radiator hoses in braided steel, but I won't get them for at least a couple months...the company I got them from orders the parts from GM and custom-adds the braided part by hand...

Re: Tons of Pics of the Blue Cav's Engine Bay
Sunday, July 02, 2006 3:47 PM
dam man that looks slick, i love the CF detail on some of the misc parts

Sunday, July 02, 2006 3:51 PM
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy cow, AWSOME job man!

quiestion.. whats the thing coming off the passenger strut tower... the thing thats on a angle pointing toward the driveside front? ive always wondered.... cruizecontrol maybe>

15.1@90.34mph
Sunday, July 02, 2006 3:53 PM
Love it. Have you thought of polishing your fuel rail? (I'm jealous)

Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:06 PM
Thanks guys

Yes, I think thats the cruise control box but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm waiting for buzz122 to send me his spare fuel rail so I can hopefully get that done and installed before the show. Otherwsie, I'll show it at the August show.

I have a lot more small CF details planned but I'm out of CF for now...

Steve
Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:09 PM
looks amazing as always steve....what happened to the cf front emblem?...are you going towards the chrome again?...lol

http://members.cardomain.com/bozeybeau

Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:10 PM
About the new engine caps...they are gonna have carbon fiber centers similar to my strut tower caps but I cut out the icons in Chrome vinyl and will be sticking the decals on there. anyone who is not familiar with Mathieu's work, please check out his GP or go to http://www.mrzperformance.com

He sells awesome stuff. I want one of his strut towers pretty damn bad, but it's 175 bucks and I'm already 300 over budget...

I'm praying that my brushed aluminum stuff will be ready for sale next week so I can get caught up.
Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:12 PM
LK - I found a new brushed aluminum cutter (after the last guy kept my material for 4 months, basically stole it and never made my parts) and this is the prototype silver emblem. I'm not going to get into my new brushed items until I take care of a few people who also got screwed in that GP, but we'll be talking about these soon...

Steve
Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:15 PM
sounds good steve you know how to get a hold of me when you're ready....lol....

http://members.cardomain.com/bozeybeau

Sunday, July 02, 2006 5:24 PM
I'm flattered. Man it looks nice, but kinda familiar. I need to buy that piece of C/F you have over the part of the brakes.

Your gonna love the caps when you get em.

My Myspace Page
Sunday, July 02, 2006 5:33 PM
CustomBlueCav wrote:Thanks guys

Yes, I think thats the cruise control box but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm waiting for buzz122 to send me his spare fuel rail so I can hopefully get that done and installed before the show. Otherwsie, I'll show it at the August show.

I have a lot more small CF details planned but I'm out of CF for now...

Steve

good luck on getting that spare fuel rail... i sent out my cluster to Buzz122 at the beginning of APRIL to have it worked on and still havnt gotten it back yet, and I get the feeling im not getting it back

Sunday, July 02, 2006 5:42 PM
Hey where did you get the chrome screws/bolts or whatever that bolt onto and hold down your strut brace (and other various places)?

Sunday, July 02, 2006 5:47 PM
^^I counted 10 of them in just that picture. I want some...

Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:17 PM
WOW!!...But a ...no header!

ECOTEC now with Maximum Bolt-Ons!!
Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:18 PM
lol - yeah Juicy J, they do kinda look similar. Even more so once I get my caps!

atk2008 - got those at Pep Boys. I normally do NOT buy anything from those places but I kinda dug those. Anyway, I have them all over and I had to buy like 24 of them or so to do every 10mm bolt in the bay. There are a couple where they wont fit though...wish I could replace those blue ones on the IDI cover.

SilverStripey - no header? ....? please specify what you mean.

Thanks!
Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:22 PM
Do you have any kind of messagin program? I have a ton of questions for you and it would be way easier than on here or email...

Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:27 PM
looks sweet man

love that color too

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:35 PM
CustomBlueCav wrote:lol - yeah Juicy J, they do kinda look similar. Even more so once I get my caps!

atk2008 - got those at Pep Boys. I normally do NOT buy anything from those places but I kinda dug those. Anyway, I have them all over and I had to buy like 24 of them or so to do every 10mm bolt in the bay. There are a couple where they wont fit though...wish I could replace those blue ones on the IDI cover.

SilverStripey - no header? ....? please specify what you mean.

Thanks!
He means you don't have a header.

That random piece of CF on the PS resorvoir looks out of place, and a blue S/C would look wierd, how about polished?

Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:14 PM
atk2008, you can reach me on Yahoo Messenger usually during the day or email me at bluecavcustoms@yahoo.com

Thanks 03

Can someone post a pic of a header? I am not sure what it is (sorry I am not an engine guy - I am more the artisitic type)

Yeah maybe I'll polish the s/c - gotta save a ton of money for a very long time before that even becomes an issue
Sunday, July 02, 2006 11:09 PM
CustomBlueCav wrote:Can someone post a pic of a header? I am not sure what it is

engine bay looks pretty clean.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, July 03, 2006 12:06 AM
Simple term I guess...is the pipes comming outta the back side of your motor. Toward the firewall, other than that motor is looking good.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2366291

Monday, July 03, 2006 7:28 AM
hmmm maybe I'll grab a spare one of those but I would think that would get hot enough that maybe powdercoating would be required instead of paint...
Monday, July 03, 2006 8:21 AM
Looking great Steve and your welcome for the ideas.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, July 03, 2006 8:22 AM
CustomBlueCav wrote:hmmm maybe I'll grab a spare one of those but I would think that would get hot enough that maybe powdercoating would be required instead of paint...
They sell ceramic coated headers that stay nice and shiny. No painting or powdercoating required.

Monday, July 03, 2006 8:33 AM
You can buy those bolt caps at any PepBoys.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search