New Headunit installed ! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Headunit installed !
Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:39 PM
Hey guys, I got a new headunit yesterday and put it in and its pretty awesome so I kinda thought I would share pics

The Unit is the JVC AVX2

It does a lot of awesome things besides play CDs and DVDs, its a VERY nice unit and id recommend it to anyone, im in love. The screen is 3.5" widescreen and is VERY big compared to other CD players, so your titles and directories are easy to see whats going on and the images are nice and crisp, you also can fill a DVD-R with MP3s and go through your folders and everything very quickly or throw on Random and up to 100 hours on a disc on random makes a long trip a lot easier to handle. There are a lot of controls and functions and features on this baby, so you can do a lot with it and im still learning about some of the cool stuff like HP Filters and adj, the EQs. The music hasnt sounded as well on other units I had with simply BAS TREB FADE kinda options.

Here are a few pics

You can change the backgrounds of the unit and this one is of Diamond plating, which is awesome because itll match the floormats

This is a movie during the day.. I took it with my cell phone and it doesnt look that awesome, but in person the quality is amazing on a film

Here is a better pic since its at night... pop the roof back, turn on a movie, grab some drink and your girl, and you just saved 30 bucks

The whole idea isnt to watch a movie on the tiny ass screen it has with it ( 3.5" Wide ) but 2 7" Visor mount monitors along with the 3.5" and built in 5.1 Dolby decoder.. you have a heck of a car theatre.. not to mention when you throw in a NES and play some Mario, Zelda, Contra, or Punchout

Re: New Headunit installed !
Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:42 PM
very nice... I looked at the new JVC Receivers and I was actually pretty impressed.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:48 PM
cool, does it poke out the dash any or is it flush?

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703
Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:49 PM
got any daytime pics to see what it looks like with the dash bezel back on?

sweet headunit by the way..what did it run?

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:52 PM
I got it on an Ebay store for 480 Shipped.. so that wasnt too bad

I dont have any pics of the bezel back in.. because my dash has been out for 6 months.. im buying a new one this week though, and then ill get some pics

also, it has 4 different angles you can adjust it to.. Angle 1 is flush, but it looks low in a the cav dash, so I angle it up towards me

Thanks for the comments !

Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:13 PM
c24na, 8 can installed

1st 1st gen on air.....
Friday, June 16, 2006 5:13 AM
Looks good in there Jeffro. I still say you shoulda went with the fold out but when you get the screens in the visors it wont matter. I cant wait to see that think in person.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Friday, June 16, 2006 5:20 AM
nice work
should've went with a 7" screen

Friday, June 16, 2006 5:32 AM
I have the JVC 7 inch flip out and I'm also going to install 2 visor monitors like you. I've been inpressed with my JVC and looked at that head unit before going with the flip out.

Looks great and once you have the visor monitor installed it will look awesome!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Friday, June 16, 2006 6:21 AM
Which ebay store did you get it from?

Friday, June 16, 2006 6:34 AM
Yeah.. I would have gone the 7" route, but I didnt really want the flip out for some reason.. just a preference I would imagine.

Thanks everyone for the comments..

I bought the unit from SonixElectronix, they gave me the dash kit for free also, thats why I went with them lol and it was the cheapest I recommend them

Friday, June 16, 2006 6:35 AM
Did it come with the free bread?

Headunit is nice .

Friday, June 16, 2006 7:52 AM
free loaf w/ purchase lol..

Friday, June 16, 2006 8:29 AM
I'll get some more pics of my install JVC came out with some killer products and they know style as their Canadian Demo Car is a j-body

Killer buy man im sure you will love it after abotu a week of fooling around with the menu's you should find some pretty crazy stuff

Friday, June 16, 2006 8:39 AM
i thought you were getting rid of your car? i guess that didnt work? Deck looks good.

Friday, June 16, 2006 10:03 AM
thought u were getting rid of the car?

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:10 AM
I have a jvc arsenal its an older model but i've had it for about 3 years now its been in two different cars and i love it.

Friday, June 16, 2006 10:54 AM
Michael Lilly wrote:I have a jvc arsenal its an older model but i've had it for about 3 years now its been in two different cars and i love it.

I had one also, thats why I stuck with JVC.. nothing but good luck with it and it was nice

I was selling the car to my mom.. and putting it back to stock, but she got smart and got a 04 Grand Prix GT instead of my cavalier lol It was worth a try anyways.. lol, I am planning on finishing this car and getting a cobalt next year.. who knows I may be in a better position to get it then anyways and maybe could find a used 05 SS by then pretty cheap.

I was gonna get rid of it, but a lot of people in on the ORG told me that they liked it, and I didnt know that so many peiple liked it, so that helped with the decision too.. I wanna finish it, even though I was having trouble.. I didnt just wanna quit even though the car is going through a tough time, its getting better obviously

Friday, June 16, 2006 12:05 PM
with time everything can get better (or just rust away lol)

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Friday, June 16, 2006 12:23 PM
That is the hottest deck i have ever seen. i want that deck...i want it bad!

Friday, June 16, 2006 12:26 PM
thats a pretty cool deck and not a bad deal it looks like

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, June 16, 2006 2:21 PM
I love mine... get some pics w/ the bezel on maing!

Friday, June 16, 2006 2:49 PM
BuMmRz (Stealthfire) wrote:I'll get some more pics of my install JVC came out with some killer products and they know style as their Canadian Demo Car is a j-body

Killer buy man im sure you will love it after abotu a week of fooling around with the menu's you should find some pretty crazy stuff

dude i love those seats!! wher'ed you get em

Dark for fear of failure
An inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Flowering forth foul nectar
The space between a blink and a tear
Death blooms.-mudvayne
Friday, June 16, 2006 4:21 PM
i love it jeff.. lets finish this car up! Then mine!

Friday, June 16, 2006 4:33 PM
lol.. we are working on it Steve-o..

Im doing my best.. you really should come to HIN tomorrow though.. I cant afford it and IM going

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search