help finding a hole ... in my sunfire´s floor - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help finding a hole ... in my sunfire´s floor
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:16 PM
As u can imagine from my title, today was very rainy and I was driving through the city and some streets had almost 10in of water. During a red light I felt how the water was kind of hitting the cars floor and just out of curiosity I moved my rubber floor mat and discovered the front carpet on the drivers side was very wet. I am definitely thinking there is a hole somewhere. I had noticed before that a small part of the carpet was turning (white? I think) and I thought its because of humidity. Is there a way to find the hole without removing the carpet? For example looking under the car or might the hole be so small that would not be very noticeable from under?

In case the answer is no, how much of a problem is to remove the carpet from the drivers side just to see if I can find a whole and then use something to cover it? Is the carpet glued to the floor? should I need to glue it back?I like to do things myself but I have to be honest, I am pretty messy and with very little patience.

Any suggestions?

Thanks to all my readers lol and regards @ Mexico

Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac...

Re: help finding a hole ... in my sunfire´s floor
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:26 PM
AH yes. i know this one lol. in my 2000 (think its the same on all years...) the carpet wasn't glued down, but the ton of sound deadener/insulation was annoying to work through. heres a pic of the factory drain hole. its sealed around the edge, but yours might have come un sealed.

rear seat ones are the same. heres one covered and uncovered from the rear passenger area

heres a zoomed out picture from farther away so you can better guess where it is

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 1:00 AM
wait what are you doing here??

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 3:51 PM
Right now my car is getting new exhaust and bigger pipping hurray!!! But as soon as I get it back I will pull the carpet and check if my car´s hole isnt sealed lol. In case it isnt, I just put a bunch of silicone right??

Thanks for the pics, they help a ton!

Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac...
Wednesday, October 08, 2008 8:33 AM
I know the answer.....put hair around it.

just make sure its well maintained, no chewbackas allowed.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search