How do I remove the holly sh!! bar ? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How do I remove the holly sh!! bar ?
Saturday, September 20, 2008 1:25 PM
I bought a 98 gt that has a handle bar overhead of front passenger. I want to remove the whole overhead carpet like piece for a different collor one, but I can't seem to find to figure out how to get this piece off which is by the way, the last piece holding this overhead carpet piece in. If doesn't seam to have any caps to pop off with a screw underneath. There must be a trick to this without terring up everything.

Anyone know how to remove this?

Re: How do I remove the holly sh!! bar ?
Saturday, September 20, 2008 3:03 PM
Found it... Guess it was plastic that had to be removed to expose screw... it just needed a little inwards force... duh..
Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:18 AM
For future reference, carpet gets ur feet, Headliner gets the hair
Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:47 AM
? youve got an @!#$ bar in your car? pics?

Sunday, September 21, 2008 4:40 AM
(tabs) wrote:? youve got an @!#$ bar in your car? pics?

sorry, allready been trashed. The headliner dome light had a 3 light dome light with 2 push buttons to manualy turn on lights. These push buttons gave off a crazzy loud "Bzzzzzzztttttt" noise when subs hit so I went with allot more plain single dome light no bar or anything else headliner and the noise from the headliner is 100 percent gone. I probably could have messed arround with it and got some springs in the button caps, but couldn't be bothered. Not to mention that the new headliner is black and the old was grey and was somewhat dirty looking.

If you are sitting in passenger, it would have been right above about an inch or so from where the door opening starts so you would grab with your right hand. Didn't look too bad, but like I said, I didn't like the color and hated the buzzing noise from the dome light. Car is beeing donnated to an "enduro" race thing that we have in our area. Basicaly they strip whole car down, race and reck em. Neat to watch.
Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:03 AM
(tabs) wrote:? youve got an @!#$ bar in your car? pics?

Yea ben I noticed they had them when going thru gm parts direct but ive never seen them in person

Satch Timeline Progress Thread
JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:11 AM
They were mostly in 96 cars.

Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:43 AM
me and my buddy bought a sunfire gt that was kitted lowered, racing seats, and all this fun stuff but was wrecked by some thugs. it had a black head liner with a holy @!#$ handle. we gave it to slvblit its now in his 03.the headliner was most likely swapped into it. but the car was a 98. not sure what year they came in but definitely very cool.

Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:08 AM
Had one in my 99 but took it out

Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:21 AM
Wait a second....... ive been in a ton of J's.... owned many....... and never saw an oh @!#$ handle

Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:29 AM
My '02 Sunfire Sedan came with assist handles. Since the below picture was taken I have gotten a graphite headliner out of a '95-'97 Sunfire Sedan and am still trying to find some graphite assist handles to go with it.

My mom's '98 Sunfire Sedan also came with assist handles.

Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:31 AM
I don't think I've ever seen one in a cav, just sunfires

Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:57 AM
They were part of the driver's convenience package... Cavalier LS Sedans, Z24s, LS Sports and GTs without sunroofs had that package as standard equipment. It was optional on the base models.

So you can usually find them in upper level J's. The one I got for my Sunfire came out of a 97 z24.

Here's some pics...

And if anyone wants needs a visual of the screw for removal...

Also and FYI for those who want to add the handle(s) to your J... there are two anchors per handle that are hard to get out of the sheet metal in the roof, and you really need those. I was lucky to get them out without destroying them. I haven't gotten the part number to get them new because I'm not sure of what the exact name of the part... so if you end up finding one at a junkyard don't forget those anchors!

Monday, September 22, 2008 2:20 AM
Meckster.... aka Goose wrote:Wait a second....... ive been in a ton of J's.... owned many....... and never saw an oh @!#$ handle

i have seen tons of Js also, new, used, and wrecked. NEVER have i seen this.

Benny B wrote:They were part of the driver's convenience package... Cavalier LS Sedans, Z24s, LS Sports and GTs without sunroofs had that package as standard equipment. It was optional on the base models.

So you can usually find them in upper level J's. The one I got for my Sunfire came out of a 97 z24.

my 97z didnt have a sunroof, but didnt have oh @!#$ handles either. odd.

Monday, September 22, 2008 3:59 PM
The '97 SFGT has one just like the one posted above, first J I've owned with one too.

Major selling factor when I was looking at purchasing the car. Okay, maybe not that great.

Friday, October 03, 2008 4:48 PM
Something is wrong with this picture.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, October 03, 2008 8:37 PM
The assist handle isn't available if you have a sunroof. You so added that on your own.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search