glassing over paint - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
glassing over paint
Friday, September 30, 2005 4:32 PM
is it ok to fiberglass over krylon fusion paint, or do I have to remove it first

Re: glassing over paint
Friday, September 30, 2005 4:54 PM
Take it off dude, might as well fiberglass it on teflon. When you do stuff like that, you want it to be sanded down really good with at LEAST 80 grit, the more coarse the surface is, the better the resin is gonna bite into it. So yeah, sand that paint off and dig into it, then glass.

-- John

Friday, September 30, 2005 8:58 PM
not trying to threadjack but this just popped into my head, do we just use resin or do we HAVE to use cloth in order for it to come out good? (on the plastic pieces)

Friday, September 30, 2005 9:55 PM
Saturday, October 01, 2005 12:52 AM
its not fiberglass without cloth...hence the fiber part of it, and in thin layers its about as strong as candle wax, the cloth ties it together and gives it some rigidness, there are no short cuts with glass, it doesnt like to stick to much honestly, fiberglass will never stick to paint, it also will not work over any kind of glue, and you cannot use superglue in relation to glass(dont ask how i know that). plastic needs to be really rough as stated above, same goes for metal.

J~
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search