Fiberglass while keeping stock look, possible? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fiberglass while keeping stock look, possible?
Saturday, September 24, 2005 11:43 PM
I have worked with fiberglass for quite some time now, but I was wondering is it possible to do fiberglass work on a specific section of interior plastic, but after you finish keep the stock texture look that the interior parts come with from the factory? I remember seeing a post once of a guy who glassed a custom pod onto his a peice of his interior but even in the seams where they were connected it maintained the stock look.

Any help with this guys?

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Re: Fiberglass while keeping stock look, possible?
Sunday, September 25, 2005 6:34 AM
glass it then wrap it in vinyl..

Monday, September 26, 2005 3:44 PM
I've done it on my Sunfire door panels and a nitrous switch center that I added to my radio bezel.

You can see some pic's in this post door panels and in this post nitrous pod.

SEM makes a new texture clear that can be painted to match any color. I'm pretty sure to # on it is 3985. Just call your local automotive paint supplier and they should be able to help you out...

I get people that ask me all the time " Why does your interior look so stock but not at the same time"

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Monday, September 26, 2005 5:18 PM
john317,
Thanks man, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Monday, September 26, 2005 7:38 PM
This is mine if it helps. I think its really clean how it just flows with the top of the dash like it was meant to be there.

The Silver J......Ridin' Clean....
ConceptR.com
Monday, September 26, 2005 9:57 PM
john317 - just wondering if the SEM texture paint is just a random color or if the texture is already the same color as our interiors? if it's not what kind of paint did you use to make it look so close to factory. I'll go ask my local paint shop in a few days because im almsot finished my kick pannels but in the mean time im wondering how much it roughly cost? in CDN$ if possible thanks.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:53 AM

The SEM texture is clear. I just have them color match a paint mix for what ever trim piece I need , then spray it with a touch up gun.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search