gluing doors together - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gluing doors together
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:08 PM
Ok i have my doors all painted, and finished. I have the fabric all set on and glues onto the backing. Now all i have to do is piece it all bac together. does anyone know how to glue the pieces back together? i have attempted many times now and i am getting frustrated. i am using liquid nail, and a clamp to hold the pieces together. it doesnt seem to be working. anyone with feedback or who has attempted to do this please let me know.

thanks

Cavcrazy jd

Re: gluing doors together
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:36 PM
I thought the parts weren't supposed to come apart...

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:25 PM
1st time i did it i used liquid nails worked great never had a problem.. the second time i actually melted plastic back on to it took way more time holds up the sam eI guess what liquid nail version are you using? gorilla glue works too so i've heard never tried it thou

Mike Jones..... Who? <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=hand%20puppet" onmouseover="window.status='hand puppet'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">hand puppet</a>.. play with it enough it will make you go crazy.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:43 AM
i am using an elmers version of liquid nail... maybe i should try something else stronger? any ideas?
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 4:57 PM
shoe goo works great

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:00 PM
I used plastic apoxy and it's doesn't budge !

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:14 PM
use 3500 pound plastic apoxy and the mother wont budge lmao or do what i did after i broke off the plastic welds i screwed a screw with a washer down through it that way i could remove it when i needed to

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 11:28 PM
JEEZ, 3500 ??????? that stuff will outlast the door, AND the car before something will break it.......
if you use the 2500, that will at least be seperable......
both you can definatly find at your local marine store, maybe even in auto part stores

I think i stated this in one other post, what about the small rivets?

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Thursday, September 08, 2005 7:32 AM
lmao you can also get it at auto zone and wal-mart and yeah 2500 pound epoxy would be more then good enough

Thursday, September 08, 2005 7:51 AM
I diddnr know that wally-world has that crap, the only time i've used it, is working on boats, and gone to marine suply stores.......

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search