Dynamatting a CF trunk lid??? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dynamatting a CF trunk lid???
Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:30 AM
I was thinking about buying a Carbon fiber trunk lid. I currently have 2 15-inch subs in my trunk and have my stock lid dynamatted like crazy. If I get a carbon fiber trunk lid would I need to dynamat that? I don't know if a CF trunk will rattle like a metal lid or if it will break if the stereo is too loud? Anyone let me know what I should do if anyone else has a CF trunk and can tell me what they did if they had a loud stereo! Thanks for the help!

Re: Dynamatting a CF trunk lid???
Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:35 AM
im sure it will rattle just like the stock one. its much lights but it is strong too so it wont break. i would just dynamat the whole thing

Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:46 AM
i know the metal one vibrates like a bitch and the cf is lighter, i was thinking the lighter one would vibrate even more! But since its nto metal it wouldnt sound as bad. I guess there is only one way to find out. I just dont want to buy the lid, take the time to take off my old one and put it on and have it not work! You're pretty shure it wont break it tho right? Do you have a cf trunk too? Also how do you get your picture to put into the posts on here?

Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:52 PM
dynamat the places it contacts the other parts, that will help reduce noise

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:00 PM
if it breaks it because of your subs i'd get your money back. it should be just as strong as your metal lid. it will still likely rattle. the rattle will sound diffrent but it will most likely still be there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search