Quick! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Quick!
Friday, May 06, 2005 9:56 AM
How do you remove the B-pillars on a 99 sunfire GT? I can't get it off for the life of me. I want to paint it and I can't get it off. Anybody have knowledge on this?

Re: Quick!
Friday, May 06, 2005 10:16 AM
Yes I have the knowledge. There is one screw on the inside of the door like in the middle. You might want to get on your knees to see it. Then you have to put the window down, and pull back the window molding. There will be three screws there that need to be removed. Just make sure to take your time and be carefull. Those little tabs that hold the three screws under the molding are very very brittle. Hope this helps.

Friday, May 06, 2005 12:02 PM
Hey titus, could u give me a little more detail? I think you are talking about the three screws that are under the moulding when I open the door up. I have four of them, and there is a black strip underneath the screws. It looks like the screws allow the moulding to come off and not the B-pillar. Am I wrong on this? Also, The screw on the inside of the door in the middle, where abouts is that? I'm unclear as to where that is. Thanks and sorry this is givin me such a hard time

Friday, May 06, 2005 12:12 PM
Take the one screw off from the molding strip and remove that.

Then peel back the weather stripping and take the three screws out that are behind it.

Then think it will just come off. Some of them have some 2-sided tape on the back though so you might think it's still somehow attached.

And yeah... those tabs where the screws go in are flimsy. Be careful when putting them back on.

Note that replacements are pretty cheap so if you're just painting them black again because they're faded, consider getting new ones.

And also note that I think it looks crap when they're painted body colour. Leaving them black makes the whole window section flow nicely as a single unit. A big vertical bar in the middle of it does nothing for the lines of the car.

Friday, May 06, 2005 2:04 PM
I'm terribly sorry guys, I figured out that I was talking about the A pillar that connects the front windshield to the top of the roof. I feel like such an idiot. So lets try this again, How would I remove the A-pillar?

Saturday, May 07, 2005 7:11 AM
Anybody know how to remove the A pillar?

Saturday, May 07, 2005 8:13 AM
Every A-pillar in the Cavs I've seen just pulls right off.

Might be different in the 'fires, but I doubt it...

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Saturday, May 07, 2005 8:38 AM
Okay, I guess I'll just start pullin and hope I don't break it. If there is a better way to do it somebody let me know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search