Spline tuner lugs, any other Lug options?? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spline tuner lugs, any other Lug options??
Sunday, October 26, 2008 9:13 PM
When I bought my Enkie OR57s (in the sig) they came with spline style tuner lugs. Problem is the adapter socket broke a few splines inside the socket, I bought another one from Advance and got two lugs loose before it twisted and ruined. It had a warrenty so I took it back. But, I'd like to switch to another style.
Any ideas? What are you guys using?
A picture> Sorry best one of the lugs. You can kinda see if you zoom in the splines.

Re: Spline tuner lugs, any other Lug options??
Monday, October 27, 2008 3:39 AM
mcgard spline drive lugs. best lugs you'll ever use period.

Monday, October 27, 2008 10:28 AM
The lugs aren't the problem. It seems to be the drive socket. Two different sockets (keys) warped. Thing is I don't think they make a thicker one or otherwise I can't get it on the lug. With the wheel hole being small.

Monday, October 27, 2008 11:06 AM
like i said
AWD GS wrote:mcgard spline drive lugs. best lugs you'll ever use period.

your problem is you probably got a poor quality set of lugs and key. i know exactly what type of key your refering to as thats what the mcgard uses. i never once had a problem with my key breaking or warping at all and ive taking my rims off numerous times.

Monday, October 27, 2008 12:32 PM
Cool. So, the problem is I just got a cheap lug set with my wheels. The Mcgard are higher quality. The problem isn't the style of lug at all? Ok, I'll look into that.

Monday, October 27, 2008 12:55 PM
not alot of times the keys suck. i had the same problem with a cheap set of lugs, my key always broke or warped so i went out and bought a quality set. it was probably the best move i ever made. i never had a problem with my lugs ever again and i never had to dread taking my wheel off again lol.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:23 AM
I own two sets of the Gorilla wheel lock system "tuner" style lug nuts. One set on my Cav , the other on my Jeep, love them both

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 11:52 AM
Another fan of McGard lugs here. The only other thing I might add is that if your wheel studs are especially dry/corroded, or if your lugs are overtightened, you might also have more problems. Also, I don't suppose you're using an impact wrench with the adapter?

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 12:26 PM
No impact gun. Just my brute strength I guess. I don't think I really put that much torque on them. I'm going to a local tire shop and have them use their own equipment to change all my lugs for me to a better quality set when I get one.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 12:31 PM
you can change them yourself if you like. gorilla makes good lugs too and alot of people use them. they are roughly half the price that mcgards are.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search