Building and custom trans, '97 2.4 w/ '93Geo storm - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Building and custom trans, '97 2.4 w/ '93Geo storm
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 1:03 AM
I have a 97 sunfire 2.4L 5speed w/ blown diff. I have aquired a 96 2.4L manual trans ($250) and a 93 Geo Storm SOHC manual($150). This may get complicated but, I would like to use the 2.4- bell housing, speed sensor, 1/2,3/4 and reverse gear set, with the Geo- case, 5th gear, forks/ slides, and spider gears. My goal is to have my factory trans w/ 5th that pulls harder, a diff that can take a hard launch at the track, and have a true neutral safety switch for my remote start. (hense the 2 extra sensors in the geo). I've kept the original trans and geo trans parts separate so far (I have yet to tear down the 96), I'd like to know if anyone has done this before I start the whole trial and error thing. Everything looks like it should work, but haven't tried yet. Also when you put the geo diff in the 2.4, are you just using the spiders or the whole gear assembly (of couse swapping the mechanical vss ring for the magnetic?) Any and all information will be greatly apreciated, I'm running out of time, the wife wants her car back. P.S. If someone has a team green or other form of lsd that they need to move, I might as well put one in now. Thanks, I'll be at the shop from 9:30 - 5:30 central Casey @940-484-7484.

Live life.

Re: Building and custom trans, '97 2.4 w/ '93Geo s
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 2:31 AM
I'm pretty sure you can swap the entire gearsets over to the 2.4's case.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search