Trans bushings ??? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trans bushings ???
Friday, January 06, 2006 10:58 AM
I was looking a the perf. urethane trans bushings for the J (2000 cav) and was wondering a few things about them. One, are they worth it for a street driven vehicle? Two, do they cause vibes like the motor mounts? I don't run motor mounts out of urethane for that reason and that reason alone. If these vibrate, I don't need them. Three, do I need to run motor mounts to make these work or for any type of reason? Not sure if the trans being held in snugly like that without the same to the motor would cause any problems. Thanks people.

I'll have a sig someday....................
Nissan for sale drop me a line!

Re: Trans bushings ???
Friday, January 06, 2006 8:52 PM
well, they recommend the Motor mounts to help stabilize the whole motor/trans assembly. I have both motor and tranny mounts, the vibes got less with all 4 mounts in place, vs just one or the other. It might take a little time for the mounts to break in, but after that they arent bad at all. as for street driven, its all i do with my J right now, i take it to work, school, and even on a 2k mile trip, so definitly worth it.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:07 AM
Yeah? I was thinking that to have all the mounts on at the same time might not vibe as much. What was the performance gain that you saw from having all of the mounts in place? Just something for me to think about since it's going into the shop anyway for a total suspension and brake overhaul.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 5:07 PM
it feels like ive got more torque, (probably dont, but more gain to the wheels), car felt more solid at least.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:15 AM
Actually is supposed to put around 10-15 ft/lbs of torque down to the ground that is lost otherwise. Hmmm... this may be something to think about if I can get a deal on them.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:09 PM
i would just get them in my opinion i have them and the lower mount and i dont even notice the vibes anymore and ive had them like two months already. u wont even notice them after a while.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:21 PM
I did the upper motor mount at first, and then got the lower, and i could definitly tell the sloppiness in the tranny after that, personally, i would recommend them all at once. I can say ive added one mount at a time in terms of driving with it, the rear tranny mount being last, and i would say that one took care of majority of the vibes, and smoothed everything out. On a really really cold day i can tell a difference, the vibes are bad then, but once it gets warmed up, its fine. Definitly worth it in my book.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search