clutch - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clutch
Sunday, January 01, 2006 4:09 PM
I just ran into this problem last night. I am not 100% sure what is wrong. I will try and explain it my best. Anytime I let off the gas I get this rattling sound. Its fairly loud. When I either hit the gas or put pressure on the clutch it goes away. It also only does it when its in gear. If I have it in neutral and let the clutch out it doesn't make any sound at all. The clutch is still the stock one. My car is a 98 Cavalier Z24 5pd. If anyone could help me that would be great.
Thanks alot

Re: clutch
Sunday, January 01, 2006 7:17 PM
I was out driving it a bit tonight to try and figure out what it could possibly be. From listening to it, it kind of sounds like a hockey card or something in the spokes of a bicycle. The faster you are going the louder it is.
Re: clutch???
Monday, January 02, 2006 7:51 AM
well today I decided to jack the car up and take a look. So after I jacked it up I started the car and went under and didn't hear anything unusual. So I put the car in 2nd gear and let the clutch out. Well did I ever hear something then. It sounds like it maybe something to do with the drive axle. I hear metal scraping kind of noise and when I put the clutch in the sounds keeps on going until the wheel is almost stopped. Anyone have any ideas at all
Re: clutch???
Monday, January 02, 2006 11:49 AM
Just a thought, but maybe the pressure plate?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search