i have a few problems - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i have a few problems
Monday, December 12, 2005 8:59 PM
hey i need a few things and have a few questons. ok my engine rocks like if i just push it , like i was at work my friend popped the hood so he started pushing it and told me that the motor was rocking with the car... what caused this problem??? where can i get axles rotors and a new belt from the car do they sell that on the org.? i want some parts that will last .....

Re: i have a few problems
Monday, December 12, 2005 10:26 PM
Check your motor mounts... most likely the lower motor mount it toast. You can simply buy a new OEM style one, shouldn't be too much. Or if your looking for a tad bit more performance, buy a prothane motor mount. Pretty much the mount comes with prothane bushings that stiffen things up. Less movement of the motor = better power transfer.

However if you are a person who does not like vibrations of the dash, glove box, steering wheel, and sometimes seats... this isn't going to be the better option. This motor mount causes vibes for the first few weeks or the break in period.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:41 PM
where can i buy them at.... i can deal with it i just need somthing that wont break on me and whats up witht the other parts where can i get them?
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 5:04 PM
You could always go to a GM dealership and buy the OEM mount. If you don't mind the vibrations and would like to regain some power loss then go for the aftermarket mount. I'd suggest getting mounts from Karo at www.carcustoms.net

Blown.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:48 PM
i havent bought it yet so the noise its making is because of a bad motor mount am i right?
Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:25 PM
What noise are you talking about? And to answer one of your original questions, the Org doesn't sell anything but you can check the Classifieds section and look for something you may need. What belt are you talking about, alternator? As for the rotors, are you talking about stock or upgraded aftermarket? As for the axles, why would you need new axles? You can go to a GM dealership to pick up stock axles but I'm not sure where to find aftermarket axles. You may want to ask around for aftermarket axles.

Blown.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:26 PM
And one more thing, please fill out your registry so everyone here can better help you out.

Blown.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:00 PM
ok well im not looking for after market axles i think i need them because i hear a wered noise when i turn evey now and then.

the rotors have a cut in them because i ran up on a curb during huricane season.

i know i need strut bars after markets it dosent matter im going to need them.

then those motor mounts.

but the noise i hear sounds like its coming from the lower right part of the motor ...so i dont know it used to stop when the car went 30 and up now when the car goes 50 its making the noise i dont know what it is....
Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:44 PM
First off, please fill out your profile. How can we help you if we don't know what kind of car you have?

Blown.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:01 PM
oh my fault its a pontiac sunfire 2.2. 4dr. 99'model
Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:29 PM
For future reference for the others on this forum who may try and help you, fill out your profile.

Like said earlier, if you are looking for stock parts the go through either GM, the Classifieds forum, or your local scrap yard. Just because you have come to the conclusion that something needs to be replaced doesn't mean that you need to purchase aftermarket components.

For aftermarket parts like mounts try Carcustoms.net, the website I provided earlier. Rotors you can get at various sites like www.turbotechracing.com . Check out the Group Purchase forum, Turbotechracing is having a group buy going on for rotors and pads.

Why do you need aftermarket strut bars? There is no Need for aftermarket bars unless you want/prefer them. Check out turbotechracing (see above website) or www.gravanatuning.com . Again, check the GP forum, there is a group buy going on for Vibrant strut bars but I'm not sure if it has ended yet.

As for the axles, just because you hear a noise doesn't mean you have to replace them. If I were you I would bring it to a mechanic to have your car looked at.

Blown.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search