1997 5spd rear tranny frame mount the same as ???? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1997 5spd rear tranny frame mount the same as ????
Saturday, December 03, 2005 9:32 PM
Well this is an oddball question, and maybe the guys who have swapped Izuzu to getrag kno the answer........

I have a 1997 Z, i am swapping in the Getrag, is the rear frame mount for the tranny the same ??? I know it is positioned closer to the front of the car by a few inches, but is the actual frame mount the same ? I know the front is notched different cause of the Getrag bellhousing, this im not worried about, im just wondering if they used the same rear frame mount bracket from 1997 to 2000 ???

Reason being is i took some measurements on where the frame mounts were positiioned on the Getrag cars so i could cut mine off and weld them into the same location, then i started to second guess myself on weather the rears were the same....

Any insight would be great !!!

Thanks Dave

Re: 1997 5spd rear tranny frame mount the same as ????
Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:07 AM
It's different. Nate (cavyboy, c22t, c24na, now c24sc) did a 95 2.2L isuzu 5 speed swap to a 01 2.4L getrag 5 speed and had to torch off the mount bracket and weld in a new one from GM. They're not too expensive.

The front is a different story. Nate drilled holes and made his work. I went auto to 5 speed, so I got a front mount bracket from Turbo Tech Racing and welded it in (thanks Adam!).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search