Got a ? about a GM S/C - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got a ? about a GM S/C
Friday, December 30, 2005 7:46 AM
We got a regal here at work withthe 3.8 supercharged motor. The car is basically scrap but the motor is good my question is, Would I be able to use that supercharger in my 96 Cavalier. I know this is probally a stupid question but I know nothing about the performance aspect of modding a car.

Thanks

Re: Got a ? about a GM S/C
Friday, December 30, 2005 8:24 AM
if the car is pretty much scrap..... see if you can get the wiring harness and computer .... take the 3.8 s/c motor and swap it into your cavi..... cost about as much as fitting that s/c on your motor......... and you'll be v6 3.8l of s/c mayham ........... not just a little 4 banger with a s/c.....

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Friday, December 30, 2005 8:38 AM
hell yeah pull the whole motor and ecm and wires and run that in the car! more cubici inches with more boost = more power!

i would do that forsure
Friday, December 30, 2005 11:27 AM
Can any supercharger fit on any engine with underhood space mods, or are there things I'm not taking into account?
Friday, December 30, 2005 12:18 PM
For any supercharger, you have to fabricate the brackets and plumbing to get the boosted air from the blower into your cylinders. That's not a trivial task.

WIth that in mind, having one too big for the engine will end up using up too much power to turn for no real gain. You're better off having one sized properly so it's running at it's optimal RPM.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search