what injectors for boost? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what injectors for boost?
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:38 AM
i have a 99 z24. i am at 11psi on stock injectors. i want to upgrade, but i want the new ones to plug in, is this possible? what and where can i get the injectors i need?

Re: what injectors for boost?
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 12:29 PM
I reccomend fuel injectors for use in boosted applications.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:42 AM
stock injectors and 11psi .........a lil scary

boost makes my girlfriend wet....
Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:59 PM
the ones from the gm supercharger kit fit. the ford brown, red, and green tops are good choices but they require some fabricating but i hear its not that bad. i also think rsm makes some. im sure there are more. the ford ones will be cheaper.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:17 PM
UncleD wrote:stock injectors and 11psi .........a lil scary

Dude this is this guys second motor..... he blew the first one because he was at 11psi on stock internals and injectors..... OUCH..... DUDE GET FORD BROWN TOPS.... THEY WILL WORK GREAT... just get an AFPR as well to control pressure at idle...

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:20 PM
how are you managing fuel? fmu or something electronic like an e-manage? you really need to pick injectors based on the power level you plan to reach. also your year should use peak & hold injectors (mine did) if the stock ecu is still in place you will need to make sure to replace them with the same type. RC makes affordable ones that will do the job just fine and are available in a variety of sizes. hit us up with some more info about your setup and im sure you will get several good solutions

as for pluging in chances are you dont have the standard bosch style injector plugs. i am not aware of aftermarket injectors that will plug into those but if your anywhere near va i have a harness that does and your welcome to it.

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:12 PM
I would pick up something like the RC Injectors (370cc). If you need some, let me know. Our price is $369.99 shipped: sales@maximumboost.net

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3
Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:46 PM
Roscoe wrote:how are you managing fuel? fmu or something electronic like an e-manage? you really need to pick injectors based on the power level you plan to reach. also your year should use peak & hold injectors (mine did) if the stock ecu is still in place you will need to make sure to replace them with the same type. RC makes affordable ones that will do the job just fine and are available in a variety of sizes. hit us up with some more info about your setup and im sure you will get several good solutions

as for pluging in chances are you dont have the standard bosch style injector plugs. i am not aware of aftermarket injectors that will plug into those but if your anywhere near va i have a harness that does and your welcome to it.

my setup is:

ld9 stock internals
stock tranny
t3 50trim turbo, 11psi
2.5 intercooler piping
hks bov
short thorw
stock injectros( i think)
stock fuel pump
open down pipe
Thursday, December 29, 2005 10:35 PM
I'd invest in some larger injectors... 370cc injectors sound about right.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, December 30, 2005 3:42 PM
stock pump also? man ur lookin at a third motor goin this rout. get at least injectors and a pump. mine started to go out at only 8 psi

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Saturday, December 31, 2005 10:35 AM
You have a 3rd motor in your future if you don't smarten up and upgrade the weakst points of your car.

-Injectors
-Fuel pump
-Tranny
-Rods/Bearings
-Oiling system

Also, you don't seem to have any kind of Fuel Management in your list.... are you kidding?

Why do people spend $300 - $400 on a stupid fancy-sounding blow-off valve but can't spend $400 on injectors, a pump and an FMU and fuel pressure gauge?

Jeeze....

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Saturday, December 31, 2005 11:41 AM
SunfighterGT wrote:Why do people spend $300 - $400 on a stupid fancy-sounding blow-off valve but can't spend $400 on injectors, a pump and an FMU and fuel pressure gauge?

that's so true. and you sir are on a roll today.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search