blown turbo? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
blown turbo?
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:29 PM
Alright....i haven't posted on here in awhile cause i am selling my car, but here goes anyway...I have one of the those POS turboxs (ssautochrome) turbos and in about 20 miles it popped really loud and now it whines and sounds like its almost grinding when under load and doesn't make boost (anything over 0psi), but at cruising speeds and when not under load its fine.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong? The car starts fine and runs but under load the turbo goes crazy. Any ideas or should i just get a new turbo all together? thanks

Re: blown turbo?
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:57 PM
When it's not under any load you're in vacuum so of course it's running fine.

What's wrong is that you have a terrible turbo that is known for going to complete crap because they put it together cheaply and it is not as near the quality of a Garrett Turbo. Something broke and it's not running correctly. Don't bother trying to play with the turbo to rebuild it or anything....save yourself the hassle and save $650-750 and buy a Garrett Turbo.

Good luck to you.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:07 PM
Where is a good place to buy a garret? I am having a hard time finding one with the t3 inlet AND the outlet flange i need. Attached is a pic of the exhaust flange i need. ANy ideas where i can get one for a decent price? Thanks.
Attachments
exhaust flange.jpg (22k)

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:23 PM
Honestly, the Garretts are easy to find...

Here are 2 places that are Authorized Garrett Turbo Dealers:

CNFXPerformance.com - Garrett Turbos

ATP Turbo - Garrett Turbos

and you would need a 5 Bolt Flange for a turbo like the one in the picture...like this: Here.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:15 PM
that flange is how my downpipe looks...shouldn't the turbo exhaust housing look like the one in my post 2 up???? so that it will bolt right up to my downpipe...you just confused me saying i would need that flange in your post.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:40 PM
turboz24 wrote:that flange is how my downpipe looks...shouldn't the turbo exhaust housing look like the one in my post 2 up???? so that it will bolt right up to my downpipe...you just confused me saying i would need that flange in your post.

LOL You're confussing me as well.

Ok, lets start over...explain to me what you need to know.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:56 PM
i need a turbo with the standard t3 inlet on the exhaust manifold side...and then on the downpipe side i need it to match up or look like the attachment.
Attachments
exhaust flange.jpg (22k)

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 12:15 AM
turboz24 wrote:i need a turbo with the standard t3 inlet on the exhaust manifold side...and then on the downpipe side i need it to match up or look like the attachment.

Ok well just so you know most T3 Turbos look like that. What size is the one you have now? You can just get that same size but a Garrett.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:12 AM
the turbo pic you posted is of the outlet which is a standard ford 5 bolt downpipe...

the exhaust inlet is where the turbo bolts to the manifold, you need a turbo that has a t3 exhaust side...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:14 AM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:the turbo pic you posted is of the outlet which is a standard ford 5 bolt downpipe...

the exhaust inlet is where the turbo bolts to the manifold, you need a turbo that has a t3 exhaust side...

Hence: A 4 Bolt T3 Exhaust Side

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:17 AM
yes exactly...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:42 AM
The turbo I have now is a t3/t4 super 60 trim. I cant seem to find one with the ford five bolt outlet? What is the deal with that?
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:57 AM
the outlet is where the dp bolts to.. I think yours should be a standard ford 5bolt downpipe if it is a garret turbo and a standard t3 4 bolt inlet

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:58 AM
if you want a garrett get the garrett "super 60" it is well fitted for our cars.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 12:31 PM
Brandoson(TheFasterThanQBEone) wrote:if you want a garrett get the garrett "super 60" it is well fitted for our cars.

yerp!

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search