clutch master cylinder when boost was applied - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clutch master cylinder when boost was applied
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 5:10 PM
ok idn if anyone had this problem or if its common..i had problems wit the slave cylinder a while back and had it replaced...i just put my Spec Stage 2 clutch in and my clutch master cylender blew...could this just ahve been waiting to happen due to my previous problem or has this happened to anyone else? this is a 99 Z24 turbo. i was just pumping the clutch and it went stiff we drainded then refilled did the samething then it just cracked. thanks

speed kills, drive slow, drive a honda

You are what you Drive!

Re: clutch master cylinder when boost was applied
Thursday, June 23, 2005 12:04 AM
sounds like you didnt have it 'coupled' together good enough, at the slave cylinder. We had that problem on a car, and thats what it was. If the peddle goes stiff, dont force the peddle down, or you'll brake it off the fire wall. Just snap the lines back together, and pull back on the release ring.

hope that helps.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, June 23, 2005 1:53 PM
thanx man...neone else with any other experiences with the upgraded clutches? i dont want to blow master cylenders daily cuz they arent cheap...could it have been from my previous problems too? or have people blown these when they upgraded their clutch or could the mechanic have done somethin wrong. thanx again

speed kills, drive slow, drive a honda

You are what you Drive!
Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:13 PM
its probably just that it wasnt locked together all the way. Just make sure you have your next one locked together, and if your peddle ever gets stiff again, dont force it. Just hop out, and check the connector.

I doubt it was any relation to the aftermarket clutch, since SPEC uses stock slave cylinder setups......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search