SR20 redtop turbo on a 2.4 LD9 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SR20 redtop turbo on a 2.4 LD9
Sunday, July 27, 2008 10:57 PM
i got one dirt cheap from my buddy that swapped out his 240. it just needs to be rebuilt which is no problem. my question is would this turbo work pretty sufficiently with the LD9? if i get a custom manifold portmatched to my head wouldnt i also be able to upgrade to a bigger turbo that has the same flange as the SR20? as long as the motor could handle the power? i do plan on building another LD9 for boost but for the time being i was going to run about 7 lbs with the sr20 turbo on the stock internals on the block just to play on the safe side until i build the new block. any input would be useful. by the way im piecing together a custom kit obviously i just wanted to know if that SR20 turbo would be compatible with the 2.4

Re: SR20 redtop turbo on a 2.4 LD9
Monday, July 28, 2008 2:55 PM
Everyone on this site will tell you that turbo is too small.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:12 PM
so would it even build boost on the 2.4? its obviously designed to go on a smaller motor i just wasnt sure. i was just going to run this one on like 7-8 lbs just until i could buy a bigger turbo. plus i want it to be semi-reliable until i build another lower compression block with forged rods, pistons, newer stronger gaskets, etc. if thats the case i'll probably just rebuild the turbo, sell it, and buy a bigger one. i just cant find turbo kits for this car and when i do they are usually really expensive. so i finally gave in and decided to piece together my own kit.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:15 PM
I never said it wouldn't work, just that people on this site will say it won't.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:33 PM
yeah i figured it would be ok. a turbo is a turbo lol. and yeah its a small one my only problem is that i have an auto tranny. i think space might be an issue unless i get a top mounted manifold. and one day i'd like to upgrade to a bigger ball bearing turbo
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search