Supercharger off a ZL1 vette? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supercharger off a ZL1 vette?
Thursday, October 12, 2006 5:17 PM
Has any one ever looked at a vette supercharger? i was bored today at work and pulled on up on the internet and noticed the TB area is ALOT larger then our version. Just wondering is any one has even thought about trying that. You wouldn't have the bottle necking what occures on ours, and you might be able to throw a crap load more boost out with it.

Maybe im missing something but just was wondering.

Re: Supercharger off a ZL1 vette?
Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:36 PM
an M62 is the most practical for most of us and you can get 20psi off it, thats far more than what the engine can handle

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, October 14, 2006 2:41 PM
You'll have to find me a link cuz I've never heard of a supercharged ZL1 Vette.

Last I ever saw the letters ZL1 on anything it was a Camaro several years ago, and it was an all aluminum 572 putting out HUGE power numbers, but it wasn't blown. I have the Motor Trend packed away somewhere with the article.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Sunday, October 15, 2006 12:57 PM
I am going to guess, you saw the Magnuson blower for the LS1? If so, it is a M112. It looks like an Eaton. If so, it is WAY too big for an eco.

More info on the charger can be found here. http://www.magnusonproducts.com/mp112.htm

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Monday, October 16, 2006 11:27 AM
You could boost 2 Ecos with that bizzle

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 2:18 PM
BlownBlackZ wrote:You'll have to find me a link cuz I've never heard of a supercharged ZL1 Vette.

Last I ever saw the letters ZL1 on anything it was a Camaro several years ago, and it was an all aluminum 572 putting out HUGE power numbers, but it wasn't blown. I have the Motor Trend packed away somewhere with the article.

the engine was @!#$ massive, I have a book with its numbers in it as well, when I get home ill post.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:33 PM
the m112 is massive so basicly you would run in to the single set of 93octane limit before you would run out of boost hell you would run into 100octane barrier before that would stop pushing air. so fab it up put a 10 inch pully on it and run it into an intercooler and the motor goes pop by by ring lands. Sorry that thing is fing huge compared to our moters.engineered for 4.8 to 6.0 liter passenger cars and light truck engines. Damn that thing would be a turbo destroyer t3t4 kiss your but good by.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:40 PM
It can take up to 60hp just to spin that thing to 10psi.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:48 PM
m112

m62

That is a big diffrence

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:52 PM
BlownBlackZ wrote:You'll have to find me a link cuz I've never heard of a supercharged ZL1 Vette.

If I remember correctly the origional ZL1 was an aluminum 427 from the late 60's.

the 572 your thinking of wouldn't happen to be in a black camaro with silver stripes from an article by motor tred where they put it up against a new "boss" stang that was orange with black stripes? wasnt that in like 97 or 98?

Unless your confusing the new 572 crate that gm has.....

Thursday, October 19, 2006 12:48 AM
ZL1 1995-1997 Limited Production. (Under 50)

572 Cubic Inches, Produced a Whopping 650 bhp, 700pounds of torque,

"The new fourth generation F-body's short, steep hood forced even the production small block to be mounted nearly halfway under the cowl, making this big block a tight fit"

*Muscle Car Chronicles

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"

Friday, October 20, 2006 4:25 PM
Juice pushrods wrote:

If I remember correctly the origional ZL1 was an aluminum 427 from the late 60's.

the 572 your thinking of wouldn't happen to be in a black camaro with silver stripes from an article by motor tred where they put it up against a new "boss" stang that was orange with black stripes? wasnt that in like 97 or 98?

Unless your confusing the new 572 crate that gm has.....

I knew there had been an original ZL1 a long time ago, but couldn't remember the specifics, that's why I said "the last time I saw", instead of "the only time I saw".

It was in fact that black Camaro you're speaking of...and the Ford was actually faster!

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Friday, October 20, 2006 5:26 PM
Any roots type supercharger for a V8 is going to be WAY to big for our cars... you would have to stick a pulley thats 2xs the size almost to make it so you dont blow the engine up... thats if you could even make it work...

Roots superchargers are NOT!!! something you should be making a custom project out of unless you know what your doing... you have to have things lined up perfectly and the intake and what not... its just not a task the average person should be taking on...

even Vortec (sintrifical supercharger) is not the easiest to do...

about the only thing that is "easly" custom made is a turbo set up

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Saturday, October 21, 2006 5:24 PM
MMmmmmmm.... M112.... that would work on my L67 engine tho

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search