seeing the gm eco s/c got me thinking....... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
seeing the gm eco s/c got me thinking.......
Saturday, June 17, 2006 12:59 AM
I saw the way the intake manifold was set up and 2 words came to mind

kenne bell

lets say I was able to get the manifold and some of the little parts without buying the whole $2500 kit, a KB 1.7 might not be all out of reach. once you figure out what snout length you would need all you would have to fab really is a plate to go between the KB and the manifold and then an attachment to get the throttle body on.

after a decent tune I think that would make a mean motor. that and the KB 1.7 has a hell of alot more potential than the eaton that the gm kit comes with.

just planting some seeds of thought............thoughts??????

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
when you beat someone in a civic people wine and make excuses
when you beat someone in a cavalier they pull over and check under thier hoods

Re: seeing the gm eco s/c got me thinking.......
Saturday, June 17, 2006 2:00 AM
well, first off, don't count out the M62, its good for 270+ which is head over heels better than the M45 2.4 charger was capable of.... But you're on the right track, if you could build some sort of adapter plate and get the correct snout and pulley it should be well within the realm of possibility to do it, and I'd love to see it done. I'm not sure how much the kenne belle's go for but they're probably not cheap... the adapter plate would probably be fairly inexpensive from a machine shop, the snout might be a little tricky, since you'd probably have to settle for one thats "close enough" and then tweak the adapter to get it to fit... unless by some miracle of God, the KB 1.7 is the same bolt pattern as an M62 and they make a snout that reaches perfectly... but i doubt it.

Just don't plan on doing this with a stock-internalled eco though... check out Airtonic's thread in Photos and Media about what happens when a stock internal eco meets a 2.8 inch pullied M62

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, June 17, 2006 9:42 AM
You'd also have to keep in mind size, I dont know what the Kenne Bell SC looks like but it wouldnt be about to be much bigger.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Saturday, June 17, 2006 11:08 AM
there is no current upgrade for the cobalts/redlines , due to not being enough room for a larger s/c

the J-body's have even less room

Saturday, June 17, 2006 11:32 PM
Im sorry , but sounding like a cobra , is just never going to happen .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search