Any stock turbos or superchargers fit on 2.4l - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Any stock turbos or superchargers fit on 2.4l
Friday, June 16, 2006 9:07 PM
i just wanted to know if there are any stock turbos or super chargers from another engine (such as a grand prix supercharged) that will fit ona 2.4L sunfire without paying the big bucks for a supercharger kit. I just wanted to see if i could get one off a wrecked car in a junk yard.

Re: Any stock turbos or superchargers fit on 2.4l
Friday, June 16, 2006 9:16 PM
nope........nothing nadda............

either spend the money or do without

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Friday, June 16, 2006 9:34 PM
m62 out of a 3800(grandam gtp) will fit with modification

you scratch my ride IMA EAT YO CHILDREN
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:17 PM
Quote:

(grandam gtp)

since there is no such thing, no they will not fit..

to the original poster really you need to start searching and learning, because you obvious you don't know what goes into boosting a factory non-boosted... its more than just bolting on a turbo or supercharger

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:06 AM
the GMPP supercharger kit is soooooo easy to get and comes with every little part you'd need and injectors, its not worth it to piece something together.

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:12 AM
purplezed wrote:the GMPP supercharger kit is soooooo easy to get and comes with every little part you'd need and injectors, its not worth it to piece something together.

speaks the truth

Monday, June 19, 2006 11:05 AM
But that would require spending more than $500, and we all know that these people expect to be in the 13s and only spend that much

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Monday, June 19, 2006 1:15 PM
i only spent $500.................on my header!!!!!

Monday, June 19, 2006 5:58 PM
My sunbird cost $700.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, June 19, 2006 9:18 PM
yes that is a big bump.......

you are totally thinking of modifying the wrong car if your into tuning on a budget..........wicked j's are one of a kind and awesome when done right but thats the key word "right".....and to do them right it costs just a few more penny's than your average soy sauce powered civic but it can be done with alot of research and smart spending. now im not saying that its outrageously priced to build a fast jbody but lets just say its alot more expensive than a honda or any import for that matter for the simple fact that they demand just isnt out there. but thats what makes boosted j's so cool....there just isnt many out there. like i said it can be done, mine is coming closer and closer to being completed. by the way here is the update guys: everything is ordered and on the way or already here......i recieved my HKS SSQV bov today, turbo is ordered "Garrett T3/T4 60 Trim .63 A/R Turbine housing!!!! god i cant wait to here this baby spool up....," cometic head gasket and ARP head stud kit, AEM engine management system "best $2000 dollars i ever spent," Perrin boost solenoid, RC injectors... our goal is 350hp at the fly wheel and roughly 300 at the wheels.. im going to be running 16lbs of boost ........and if you do decide to spend money on a boosted j, whatever you do dont give up when you get frustrated......alot of people on the org were bashing me because i was saying i was gunna use the AEM ems and the road was looking foggy especially when i found out the list price of the universal AEM that i have to use since they dont offer anything that comes even close to plugging into a jbody.......they list for 2500 dollars alone for ems and an extra 650 for the harness you need, luckily my brother is an engineer for GM and has a friend who is a engineer for AEM and was able to give me 30% off of list price in which i ended up getting the ems and harness for a little over two grand. good luck and remember, knowledge is power.....listen to these guys on here with experience with these cars. we dont mean to be rude sometimes but it just gets irritating when people are TOO LAZY TO READ!!!!! and judging by the information above you have alot of homework to do if your thinking about boost.....especially a turbo.....which i would reccomend you use if you plan to boost.......not only for power but efficiency also....good luck
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:07 AM
$500 to modify a Jbody? That's way too much. $26.89 budget max to get into the 13's.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:35 AM
There are very few supercharger kits for any Cavi that I've seen. And believe me, I've looked everywhere. Hell, if you're up for it, just get the stock SCed ENGINE off a junker and swap it. One guy used a Buick Ultra Supercharged engine in his Cavi, and most junkyards don't sell entire engines for more than about $1000 (at the most).
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:51 AM
You all forgot..... the entire turbo system from the saturn SCT will bolt right to his engine.

Seriously though, plan on laying out some cash if you want to run boost. These car deffinately don't have the kind of aftermarket that cars like Hondas have where you can buy an SSautochrome kit for $600 just to be boosted. Plan it out, save up, do it right.

Cardomain|Myspace

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search