check engine light on - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
check engine light on
Friday, June 16, 2006 7:02 PM
hey everyone i went get it scanned and i have 2 codes being thrown at me . po130 and po300 ... ones a missfire code on multible cylinders and the other is somethin to do with the 1st o2 sensor coming off the header . could one code make the other code go off? what yall think about this?

Re: check engine light on
Friday, June 16, 2006 8:23 PM
Did u just change something? was it running well before? I see you have a j-tuners kit, what base fuel pressure are you running? maybe the FMU is not set to the correct ratio? Does it idle well? not rev well?

Sunday, June 18, 2006 11:00 AM
it does not rev good . it pours out black smoke . i don't k now it makes me want to take the j tuners kit out and sell it .
Sunday, June 18, 2006 11:18 AM
Sounds like you are running way too rich.

Pull your plugs out, put new ones in (not stock heat, about 2 ranges colder). Put a new O2 sensor in, clear the codes, and try again. You have to expect these things when you mod the car to the point of a turbo, its NOT going to run perfect, you WILL have problems. If you give up that easy, you probably shouldn't have done it in the first place.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, June 18, 2006 11:24 AM
correct shifted, we're modding our cars here, without any tuning your obviously going to run into problems because youve changed parts and not ungraded the ECU. If everything ran perfect everyone would be boosted because things would go together like butter. I luckily (knock on wood) havent had any problems really other than running rich and i barely see black smoke outta my exhaust, that will change though here soon with HPT and i have a load of mods done. Hell i get codes here and there and all i do is unplugg the ECU wires for 10 mins, plug them back in and about 4 startups later the cars perfect again.

Sunday, June 18, 2006 1:50 PM
same as BOOSTED, even with my gm blower i get codes occasionally like misfiring and a no cat code but o well, i love hearing my blower whine

Sunday, June 18, 2006 3:38 PM
lol yeah yall r right . i am getting the hptuners prgram also . i just said what i said out of anger i guess. because of another reason . and i want to upgrade my ignition system . msd coils , new wires and plugs. what brand wires and plugs do yall suggest? and i cdan't seem to f ind any msd coils for the 2200 engine anymore. i remember seeing some from msd.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search