Turbo XS boost controller HELP!! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo XS boost controller HELP!!
Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:25 AM
Ok, i made a post about this about a week or so ago and Hypsy answered it i guess. I called Turbo XS and they told me to hook it up totally different from what he told me. My switch has two terminals coming off of it. The boos controller has a violet wire and a green wire. The green wire is to go to a ground in the engine bay. Turbo XS told me to run the violet wire to the on prong on the switch and the other terminal needs to be hooked up to a 12V source to work. My quesiton is, how is hypsys controller working if he has now 12V to power the switch and the controller?/ Anyone have this setup and how did you wire it up???????

Re: Turbo XS boost controller HELP!!
Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:45 AM
IIRC it was ground the violet wire...might have been power it though. It's been a while since I installed it. Sorry.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:55 AM
Does anyone else have this boost controller that know exactly how to hook it up correctly?Im not saying anyone is wrong or anything i just dont want to burn something up by hooking it up wrong.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:30 PM
Don't you have the directions? They are right on TurboXS' website. Just hook it up by those and call it good.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:32 PM
My switch has only two terminal coming off of it. The direction show a switch with three. One goes to a 12V source, the other to a ground and the other the violet connects to. I just need to know since my switch has 2 terminals, do i ground it or power it? and if so which one gets power and which one gets ground.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 6:40 PM
All im gonna do is go buy a new switch that has teh three terminals that have a ground, power 12V, and an ON ACC that the violet connects to and be done with it. I wish i would have though of that sooner. Thanks for the help though everyone.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:47 PM
If it's a 2 prong switch I'm 95% sure you ground it out.

Friday, March 17, 2006 10:33 AM
Ok, problems solved. I went down to the local autoparts store and was looking at their switches. They had one exactly like mine with the two terminals and the one terminal on the bottom must be to a 12V power source and the other is the LOAD or the accessory you are turning on.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search