safc required for 30lb injectors? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
safc required for 30lb injectors?
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:39 AM
Alright, So ive been running 5-6psi recently on a set of my friends Blue tops 24lb/hr. I recently toasted a motor, not all entirely 2 being lean. Im looking into having a new motor in next week. But for an uprade i want to run a wideband, and ford redtops 30lb/hr.

I recently did the topfeed conversion, and im running with a cartech FMU. Now since i am 17 gas milage is kinda an issue for me, i know boost and milage dont really go together with our cars but anyway. I wanna run an afpr, cartech fmu, and 30lb injectors to support my 5psi is it possible to idle 30's with just an afpr? or will i need an safc? Either way im looking for decent milage being outa boost on the longer highway trips.

96 Camaro A4 383 12.5:1, E85, Full suspension, Nitrous outlet plate kit, hooker headers and catback, 3800 circle D converter.

2002 Silverado LQ4 6.0 CAI, Long tube headers, 4" exhaust

1996 s10- 97 ECU and wiring, soon to be boosted daily driver.

Re: safc required for 30lb injectors?
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:56 AM
I would say yes if you are running a cartech and an afpr you would need the s-afc to lean out the mixture for fuel mileage and reliability why not just get a boost referncing afpr and an s-afc to do the job of the three much more reliable and easier on the pocket book but that is just my opinion!!

Tom

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search