Need a 6.5 template please - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need a 6.5 template please
Monday, April 17, 2006 10:12 AM
So as im waiting for funds to clear up to order my polk momo speakers, i decided to grab some spare mdf board and make new speaker pods, and was wondering if someone oculd upload a jpg of what the exact size is so i can cut out the hole in the middle, thanks!

Re: Need a 6.5 template please
Monday, April 17, 2006 3:30 PM
you're wanting a bracket to mount 6.5's in your 4x6 holes?

if so, take the speaker pod that the stock 4x6 is in, trace it onto the mdf board. then put the 6.5 on the mdf board in the middle of the 4x6 trace. trace the 6.5 over the 4x6 pod and then just cut it out. real easy. if thats NOT what you're looking for them uh...i just wasted my time.

GO PATS!!!
Monday, April 17, 2006 5:04 PM
yeah LOL no its going in a differnt place, and i cant get the speakers to arrive for like another monht but im making the pods now, so um someone please upload a gif =P

Monday, April 17, 2006 5:30 PM
I don't have a template but I'll give you the dimensions: 5 9/16" diameter. That's it. Just make a circle 5 9/16" across, trace it onto the baffle, and cut it out. If you're making rings for custom speaker pods, you'll need to leave about 7 1/8" diameter for total area. So it's going to be 7 1/8" outer cut for the mounting ring, and 5 9/16 inner cut for the speaker basket. You're on your own for depth..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search