could sure use some help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
could sure use some help
Friday, January 06, 2006 3:51 PM
This is my first post in the audio forum, so try and be nice. I've had a system for a while, my car has had a Rockford 700s amp in it since '98 and had two 15" rockford subs. Last summer the 15" subs just died. I'm not too keen with audio, so I had a couple places check it out, one said my amp and subs were out, which my amp is fine, but all said the subs are dead, and showed with a couple tests. (hooking them up to a their setup/the hand drill test/ect.) So I get a set of 12" kickers, nothin special. They were hooked up maybe 2 months and one went out, only one was hitting. It was loud enough that I didn't even realize it really. Anyways, about a month later the other went out. I've got 4 subs just sitting, and I don't know what happened to the new ones, but I'm wondering if there is anyway to repair them someone could show me. I've searched sites and didn't find anything useful, so Im trying here, thanks for any help.

Re: could sure use some help
Friday, January 06, 2006 3:57 PM
first, not likely.

second, we'd need to know exactly HOW they blew, what part of the subwoofer failed. just saying FIX ME isint gonna work. thats IF and a BIIIIIIG IF it is fixable. most arent, for the cost it would take to fix it.

sounds like you might have wired them improperly, or hooked htem up to the wrong amplifier.

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Friday, January 06, 2006 7:57 PM
That amp isn't all that powerful, like lundis said, there has to be some reason you keep blowing subs. Have the amp checked out by a tech before you hook anything else up to it. If you aren't able to do that, at least make sure everything with your install is done correctly. And grounds are very important as well, make sure the amp is getting proper ground by measuring resistance at the ground point. Should read very very low on the miliohms scale. 200 miliohms or less according to GM.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 12:46 AM
did u blow the voice coils by settin the gains too High? i know i did that like 2 times...but i got it back on warrenty both times .... swwweeet

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search