mid bass in doors question - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
mid bass in doors question
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:32 AM
my car doesnt seem to have that much mid bass.. is there anyway to seal off the inside of the door behind the speaker to get better bass out of the mid woofer?

Re: mid bass in doors question
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:56 AM
yes...you gotta deaden the hell out of it!!

first thing you need to do, is deaden the outerskin...use spray deadener, sheets..whatever.

I used 3 liters of secondskin spray deadener per door on my car for the outer skin

next, you gotta make the inner door skin one piece (that means cover the holes!) To do this i always use 1/8" aluminum plate and cut them to size for whatever holes are in the door, then pop rivet them on.

now that you got a solid skin..you can apply 2-3 layers of mat over this..and you'll have a tank for a door!!

I'm building aperiodic enclosures in my doors now...along with the process i described, i'll have some major midbass for sure

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:05 PM
I would love to see pictures of that install man, sounds good, I will be re-doing my whole car in RAAMAT in the winter and any helpful tips would be great. !

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:21 PM
Short Hand wrote:I would love to see pictures of that install man, sounds good, I will be re-doing my whole car in RAAMAT in the winter and any helpful tips would be great. !

it's all part of the rebuild..i'll have pictures in the future

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:34 PM
yeah you have to deaden the hell out of our alluminum can doors or youlle just get rattle and no output and seal it up as best as u can.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 2:32 PM
can you just make an enclosure that fits into the speaker pocket at the bottom of your door and gives your speaker a .5cu ft or so of space?

don't know so i'm asking

-DS
--------
"I'm a product, of my environment
So don't blame me, I just work here
But I wanna f*** it up"
Offspring - americana
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:29 PM
Daniel - (DSLaBuda) wrote:can you just make an enclosure that fits into the speaker pocket at the bottom of your door and gives your speaker a .5cu ft or so of space?

don't know so i'm asking

yes, but you would need to buildout the doorpanel and make the enclosure part of the door panel.

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 5:05 AM
i did fit kicker 8" midbasses in that same lower section of the door. i choose them simply because its a well known name and they are only 2.5" deep. the build out will stick out to where ur knee would normally be, so expect some discomfort.

as far as the air space, u dont have to let the speaker bleed soung into the door. it will sound better than what u had before. only do those other ideas if u want to improve it afterwards.
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:37 PM
can i see some pics?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search