Help!! My Butt is showing!! - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help!! My Butt is showing!!
Monday, July 17, 2006 8:32 AM
Okay, so I got my new Aveo all kitted up and the Drift rear bumper is about 6" too short to cover my rear, and the undercarriage is showing.

I am starting to hate it more and more since my wife pointed it out...... Damn, she's right, it looks bad.

Problem is I don't know what to do, so could you guys help me out?? Could I mod a Type J lip to fit? Mold in part of another bumper?

My Car Domain

Re: Help!! My Butt is showing!!
Monday, July 17, 2006 12:11 PM
cut the bottom of the bumper off bout a inch under the side markers, extend that top half down, then cut the piece in half that u cut off and widen it bout 4"-6" and make it come striaght down to the lip instead of how it curves in and u can see some of the tire above the lip.. not striaght to the edge of th elip but ull kinda see what i mean in the chop

Monday, July 17, 2006 3:29 PM
well that sounds all cool but you could just spray paint the part that is noticeble black..... its not as glamourous as mantaZ's of course but its a start. by the way thats a damn good photo thing it looks like its the way its suppose to be. also is the aveo lowered that might hide it alittle more.

Monday, July 17, 2006 3:37 PM
Manta Z, that does look pretty good man...Nice 'shop.

Yeah, can't lower the car much more, I have done 2" springs already...anything more would be a custom thing (see lots of $$ in dictionary)

My Car Domain
Monday, July 17, 2006 5:53 PM
ew is it me or did they not match that kit up to well.. whuddafxup with the designers.. the front is like 6" lower than the rear..sides are a couple inches higher too..

so u def need to extend it.. if i was there ryan i'd help u out for sure..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 17, 2006 5:56 PM

Monday, July 17, 2006 6:31 PM
The car looks pretty good though; I like that kit on there. But yeah, you should definetely extend the rear bumper, paint the kit, and it would look hot. You have any more plans for it?

Monday, July 17, 2006 8:14 PM
should have just bought a ford festiva!! Dude, sorry, but I cant stand that thing

Monday, July 17, 2006 8:26 PM
96projectz24 wrote:should have just bought a ford festiva!! Dude, sorry, but I cant stand that thing

wtf does that have to do with thread.... you pop in out of nowhere with nothing to add to this thread and insult him/his car

Monday, July 17, 2006 8:41 PM
why the hell are you modding that thing?

Monday, July 17, 2006 8:49 PM
Because I bought it with that kit... but not installed...and I wanted nice skirts... and I AM GETTING IT PAINTED SOON.

Seriously people... if you don't have a real image manipulation to help this post along, why post at all??

My Car Domain
Monday, July 17, 2006 11:21 PM
cuz that thing is a waste of time and money... :o

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 5:05 AM
^^ um sorry.. but so is ur sunfire.. and my cavy.. and bout everyone else..

i dont see why u guys are baggin on him for his car.. hell we drive Jbodies.. we get the same @!#$ from people too. Its his car let him do with it what he wants. Figured alot of people on this site understood its not ur car.. its theirs.. so if u have a problem with it u dont have to post at all.. I will admit i dont know if i'd consider buying one.. but they are good on gas, so for someone who drives alot to and back from work there a good thing to have. I'm sure there is prolly other reasons why he decided on a aveo but why can't he modify it as well to make it look a lil more different and to have something nicer to look at everyday.. OMG people isnt that what we do to our cavaliers and sunfires!?! its almost like were in the same kind of situation... who woulda thunk it..

This is just a image mani post askin for some help.. i dont see him asking for critisism on his car.. just opinions on what he could do for the rear bumper..

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:06 AM
Manta Z(The Primered One) wrote:^^ um sorry.. but so is ur sunfire.. and my cavy.. and bout everyone else..

i dont see why u guys are baggin on him for his car.. hell we drive Jbodies.. we get the same @!#$ from people too. Its his car let him do with it what he wants. Figured alot of people on this site understood its not ur car.. its theirs.. so if u have a problem with it u dont have to post at all.. I will admit i dont know if i'd consider buying one.. but they are good on gas, so for someone who drives alot to and back from work there a good thing to have. I'm sure there is prolly other reasons why he decided on a aveo but why can't he modify it as well to make it look a lil more different and to have something nicer to look at everyday.. OMG people isnt that what we do to our cavaliers and sunfires!?! its almost like were in the same kind of situation... who woulda thunk it..

This is just a image mani post askin for some help.. i dont see him asking for critisism on his car.. just opinions on what he could do for the rear bumper..

true. but ugh

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 1:34 PM
or u could do this. just extend the lip thats on the sides across the middle. would probably be easier and cheaper.

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 6:34 PM
a new rear would be your best bet
the drift rear is hard to make look really good on anything

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 10:53 PM
Well I know one thing, kits and getting to fit exact is a bitch! The thing is, I don't drive a civic and if you don't sometimes it'll kick your a$$

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2366291
Thursday, July 20, 2006 8:11 AM
Unfortunatly there are really only three options for a "new rear" on the Aveo... the stock bumper, the Razzi rear lip, or this bumper. Versus Motorsports shows they have two fiberglass rear bumpers, but to me they look so similar I can't really tell a difference.

Thanks so far for everyone's help and input.

My Car Domain
Thursday, July 20, 2006 8:28 AM
What about putting the razzi rear on it too??
Or selling the rear you have and putting the razzi one on the stock bumper like it's supposed to.

Have somebody ps it for you and I think it'll look pretty good.

Just an idea.

-Seth

Thursday, July 20, 2006 8:31 AM
I thought about that, but i got a full spare Razzi kit hat I could either sell.... or break up to use the rear off of.

As for buying a stocker rear bumper to put the Razzi lip on, well that would suck, since when I bought the car I was told the "stock parts we pulled off during the build would be included." but never were...I got the car basically stripped of the body panels, with this kit in boxes and the hood etc. uninstalled.

My Car Domain
Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:17 AM
What about something like this??

My Car Domain
Thursday, July 20, 2006 3:35 PM
NO

Thursday, July 20, 2006 4:38 PM
Alexis wrote:NO

x2
your going to have to cut the bumper still even though its for a civic hatch.. u mise just modify ur current drift.. me and dj teddy gave both some good solutions that prolly seem the best thing to do.. teddy's being easier and cheaper, mine being to keep the original look but everytime someone else with a aveo sees it and realizes its lower then theirs itll be a small detail not everyone would see but would interest and confuse other aveo drivers interested or that have that same kit..

I'd say just modify ur drift.. cuz honestly to make tht hatch one work ud bascially have to do they same steps i mention to just lengthen urs... but ur money ur car..

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 4:14 PM
not bad for an aveo i like it lol i like the lip idea making it go all the way around

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:05 PM
I don't see why you just don't paint that part black, then you won't see it, sure the extended bumpers look good that people have photoshopped, but it is the drift rear, and that is the way it looks on any car.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:23 AM
Okay... so I found a solution using a rear lip I already have for an Aveo... just trim my Drift bumper to fit it up.

Yes, I know it sits a little higher then the current exhaust, but the tip as it is now keeps scrapeing on the driveways at work, so I want the rear lip a little higher.

My Car Domain
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search