Deceleration Fuel Cutoff (dfco)? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Deceleration Fuel Cutoff (dfco)?
Thursday, October 08, 2009 1:17 PM
I read that many cars made after 1999 have dfco and that some had it as early as 1995. So I'm wondering if any Cavaliers have it and if so what model years. Mine is a 2000 which means it was built in 1999. I doubt it has it but I'm hopeful. I'm trying to get the best MPG I can out of my Cavalier and I need to know if the pulse & glide fuel saving technique works. I do all city driving and I can never do better than 28.8 MPG, but I'd like to hit 30 if possible. Next year I hope to get a Yaris.

Re: Deceleration Fuel Cutoff (dfco)?
Thursday, October 08, 2009 4:51 PM
as far as i knoiw, all 3rd gens (95 up) have dfco, i know mine does and its a 98

Thursday, October 08, 2009 5:31 PM
Yup, your car definitely has it.

Thursday, October 08, 2009 6:21 PM
Are you wanting to change it?

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:12 PM
my 97 has it. I love it.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:19 AM
i90east wrote:I read that many cars made after 1999 have dfco and that some had it as early as 1995. So I'm wondering if any Cavaliers have it and if so what model years. Mine is a 2000 which means it was built in 1999. I doubt it has it but I'm hopeful. I'm trying to get the best MPG I can out of my Cavalier and I need to know if the pulse & glide fuel saving technique works. I do all city driving and I can never do better than 28.8 MPG, but I'd like to hit 30 if possible. Next year I hope to get a Yaris.

You should see DFCO all the way back into the 80's man.

It will operate on a few variables though. Like what RPM it will return fuel at, and what it takes to get the mode to activate in the first place.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search