Koni Yellow and GC Height - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Koni Yellow and GC Height
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:57 AM
I have the setup and awaiting install until spring. If anyone has this setup or knows, how high can they be set at? I did contact ground control and they said that at the highest setting it would be .5"'s lower than stock. But the guy didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about. And then researching the web I saw that it would be .5"'s higher than stock. So if anyone knows please let me know. See in winter I would like to be at stock height or higher, since I live where is snows. Then in summer I'll be fine.
Thanks for any help!

Re: Koni Yellow and GC Height
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:25 AM
He knew what he was talking about. Highest they go is 1/2 lower than stock.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:30 PM
I disagree. I found that with the springs they come with, at their highest setting they are about a 1.5" drop.

With the springs I have now, all an inch higher than the standard ones that come in the kit, I'm at around a 0.5" drop from stock height. Maybe a little lower in the back.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:58 PM
Well that is not good news. Ground Control told me .5" lower than stock with what I had. WTF? Guess I'll have to wait and see after I install them. Thanks for the replies though!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 4:07 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:I disagree. I found that with the springs they come with, at their highest setting they are about a 1.5" drop.

With the springs I have now, all an inch higher than the standard ones that come in the kit, I'm at around a 0.5" drop from stock height. Maybe a little lower in the back.

That has been my experience as well, I've always been glad that I ordered the taller springs.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?

For Sale:
Getrag '00-'02 2.4 8000kms $800
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:35 AM
Is this because they are placed over Koni Yellows? Cause I asked the guy that I bought the GC's from and he said that they were about stock height all the way up. That was on stock struts though. Maybe that made a difference? And when I talked to GC, I didn't say that I was putting them on Koni's. Is that the difference?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:19 PM
Mine are on Koni Specials (red).

Note that if you're putting them on Konis, you'll want to ensure that you've got the correct parts for them. I think there's an extra piece you need in the back to ensure they fit properly.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:24 PM
Yeah, I have to contact GC again and get two new sleeves for the Koni's and then some rubber rings for them too. I'll ask them if there is anything else. Thanks for the heads up Wild Weasel!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search